• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Check - decisions decisions

B

bdt

Dec 25, 2011
My plan was to Snow Check a 2015 sled, I really want to buy another Cat. However, after riding an XM I was ready to jump ship (http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367578). I all but had an XM ordered but all my fellow Cat loyalists keep saying the same thing; “It doesn’t matter how much you updated your 12 ProClimb it SUCKS, the 14 is better, it’s the best sled out there!, you need to ride a 14 before you buy a new sled”. So I decided to slow down and demo them all.

The Utah Snowmobile Association is sponsoring “Take a friend Snowmobiling” on 22 Feb 14 (http://www.ayltv.com/snowmobile.html). Last year it was a great event that provided opportunity for the newbie as well as an opportunity to demo the new sleds. Wow, perfect timing just what I need, an opportunity to ride a Cat, Poo, & Doo under the same conditions!!! I’ve been counting down the days and then today a thought popped in my head; “I wonder which Cat dealer will support the event. I drive 70 miles to my Cat dealer, and over the last couple years Cat dealers seem to be diminishing from my neck of the woods”. So I started calling Cat dealers in my area to find out who would be bringing their sleds to the event. I found one more that dropped Cat and more frustrating is none that I talked to plan on supporting the event, they said it’s not worth their time. Unbelievable, I was really looking forward to riding a 14 ProClimb.

I’ve read about OTS, Burandt left, Rasmussen left, I know of a couple dealers in my area that dropped Cat, and other rumors... Is this 1 more indicator that Cat is telling us that Mountain Riding is not passion anymore?

Maybe they should change their slogan from “share our passion” to “these aren’t the sleds you are looking for”.

I sure hope a Cat dealer shows up with 14 ProClimbs to demo but I’m not holding my breath.

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
I've also heard a lot of different things about how cat is treating their dealers. Really makes me wanna buy another cat....

B
Jan 19, 2009
I was on the fence between the cat and the poo also. After reading what's happening to OTS and so many other dealers on here, I asked my dealer what they thought of cat. Turns out they are tired of cats lack of support and are seriously looking at dropping cat altogether. That's what made my final decision to go to the poo.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
The last time I was at CPC in Utah, Dale had just got out of a meeting with two big shots from Arctic cat and said that there is going to be some really good things happening with Arctic cat for next year. He said mostly for the customer and also for him. I didn't ask him to explain the details, but he seemed really excited about what was discussed in the meeting. That was the most excited I have ever seen Dale. Hopefully Arctic cat has something for next year that will make us all say "if they would of done this 3 years ago Cat would be the best sled on the snow no questions asked."

B
Jan 19, 2009
Yeah! And Obama has a bunch of great changes for us too!!!!

I think cat is going to have to put some proof in the pudding before everyone is ready to drink their koolaid.

Premium Features