• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Decisions decisions...

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
A friend of mine is looking at two sleds and cant decide which way to go. Sled number one is an 05 vector with 1000 miles, box stock great shape, mountain package, local private sale. Think we can get him down to $2700.

Sled number two is a year older rx1 with around 3000 miles, havent seen it personally, says to be in great shape, 161 track, supercharger, i believe it is MCX brand kit. Guy wants $4000 and its a 4 hour drive from us here...

Hes having a hard time deciding between the two.

Spring for the bigger engine already forced induction or get the lower mile lower priced newer local sled and save up for forced induction.

input advice suggestions anyone?

apex jeff

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
columbia falls mt
Both are good sleds, with great yamaha quality. I would personally hold out for a used Nytro, advantages being a current platform, lighter weight, fuel injection, reverse. The rx1 will pull like a freight train, but your freind will have to buy race fuel or av gas ie. more expense. Just my 2 pennys :D

S
Feb 1, 2012
Kalispell Mt.
The 05 mountain vector was not designed as a mountain sled. If you look
the tail end was scabbed on at a lower line than the tunnel. I would pass on
either of them for off trail riding unless you want to really tear into it an
do a rider forward mod. 2700 is a great price. Book is about 3700 on the
vector.

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Thanks for the input guys, looks like he decided on the vector. he got the guy convinced to sell it to him for $2700, so not a bad deal.

Premium Features