• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well cat fans...

J

jpete27

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
...based on pricing, and lack of information on the new Arctic Cat sleds, it looks like Polaris and Ski-Doo are going to get a few more spring orders this year.

$14,000+ for a new sled? No weight information? These cats are going to have to hang with the E-Tek and Pro's in order to sell, which they very well might be able to do. Who knows!

Well, Good Luck to all you Cat guys that buy these sleds. Hope they all work out!

P.S. - My Polaris can eat your Cat. BAM!

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
14k for the most powerful factory mountain sled ever built.... yeah i'm all in. a few mods that have already been around and tested and you have a 240hp pump gas monster. less than you'll ever build one for.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Really?........Pretty unimpressed impressed with the new 2012 AC website and information. Time will tell but so far not impressed.

:noidea:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
14k for the most powerful factory mountain sled ever built.... yeah i'm all in. a few mods that have already been around and tested and you have a 240hp pump gas monster. less than you'll ever build one for.
exactly, thats where i see the huge gains..

hijacker box and you got some competition power wise for the yami with not a lot of work at all.. not sure on chassis, etc, but i know that puts you in a big power bracket in a hurry. and thats not even working on making a better/bigger turbo sytem.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
...based on pricing, and lack of information on the new Arctic Cat sleds, it looks like Polaris and Ski-Doo are going to get a few more spring orders this year.

$14,000+ for a new sled? No weight information? These cats are going to have to hang with the E-Tek and Pro's in order to sell, which they very well might be able to do. Who knows!

Well, Good Luck to all you Cat guys that buy these sleds. Hope they all work out!

All I can say is ----ing idiot. Do you know what it would cost to build a yammi with boost to compare with this sled? You'd be in to it over 20 large easy. As far as the 2-strokes go, the most powerful 800 in the best chassis. Yea, I'm jealous I don't have a 145hp motor in my new sled, good job Polaris.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
These pol gals are a riot. Pol comes out with the 1st usable sled since 2002 and they think they invented the biz. Funny how they have forgotten ohhh last years 800s , the prior year 800 , the 900 oh yea and the older 800s. The jury is farrrrrrr from out on the 2011 motor . I predict whining for next year.

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008

poor
old
lame
a$$
rinky dink
insufficient
sled

Good luck with that!!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Guys, honestly..I think its great all the manufacturers have great sleds on the snow..but...lets wait and see/hear some ride reports on the new cats first, on paper and in pics they look nice..but I hear alot of bragging for a sled no one has ridden...or had any verifyable ride reports on...until then its all speculation....

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I usually don't post on these types of threads because they are not what Snowest should be about in the first place. Can we just kill it now? We all know where this is going.:face-icon-small-sad

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I usually don't post on these types of threads because they are not what Snowest should be about in the first place. Can we just kill it now? We all know where this is going.:face-icon-small-sad

aahhhh...now the incognito Arctic Cat engineer has to come out(is shamed out) from behind his alter...just joking

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
my thoughts

Mine is bigger then yours is... Oh wait this is a snowmobile discussion I got confused there for a second. I must say the new sleds look pretty sick. Definitely a few concerns with them but after talking to a couple guys that have ridden them I'm not worried. Having rode a couple Pro's and compared them side by side with a 2010 m8 I concluded that the 2 are basically dead even. Based on the way the Pro handles I would have gladly taken one. But in the last month I have started to hear a growing mumble that the poo motors are starting to fail. I have heard of 3 of them this week and I only know of about 6 people that even have those sleds... I really will feel bad for the polaris guys if they start failing again because polaris will find a way to get around their warranty just like they did the last 3 years and move onto something new, sticking all those guys with a worthless sled. I personally refuse to support a company that flat out refuses to accept accountability for their f**kups. If the new 800 has the same weight and motor with some chassis improvements it is going to stomp the Pro and Etec both. 1100 turbo is in a whole different discussion but supposedly even the heavier sled with the new chassis handles easier then the current m8. I just can't wait to get some seat time on one!!!

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Not Impressed

Must say I'm disappointed! Wasn't it a year or 2 that Cat would guarentee the weight or you get 500 bucks if your out 5 lbs. Owell at least the 800 motor is proven!

M
Dec 11, 2007
Weights will be out tomorrow.Lots of testing and riding on these sled have been done!!! Poo and Doo post weights that are always lies,Cat has always gave us true lbs.First does Poo or Doo have a light weightmountian turbo 4stroke not.Cat has a mountian R&D facility that set the bench with the M chassis!!!!!!!!!! Do you think they would go backwards not!! I'am an Arctic Cat dealer,and my info came from performance shops who have rode the 2012's with signed wavers and they said these new mountian sleds will set another bench mark.From there rides this new sled has made the M's look like the old 1M's 6 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
Weights will be out tomorrow.Lots of testing and riding on these sled have been done!!! Poo and Doo post weights that are always lies,Cat has always gave us true lbs.First does Poo or Doo have a light weightmountian turbo 4stroke not.Cat has a mountian R&D facility that set the bench with the M chassis!!!!!!!!!! Do you think they would go backwards not!! I'am an Arctic Cat dealer,and my info came from performance shops who have rode the 2012's with signed wavers and they said these new mountian sleds will set another bench mark.From there rides this new sled has made the M's look like the old 1M's 6 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thats great news, but not for me. Looks like I'll have to sell my 2010 and grab a new snopro 800!!!!!!!!!

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
Well i think that the new thumper turbo is awesome. Lighter then the yammi's ever thought about and is the first production turbo mountain sled! Props AC!

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Ha Ha go back to your poo forum! you polaris guys are just bitter that your pro just dropped several thousand dollars in value now that cat has released a trick new chassis! And the good news is that the Cat 800 suzuki motor is bulletproof and proven! Buyers wont have to worry about a crank snapping experimental engine that only makes 140hp and wreck your season because its sitting at the dealer with a gaggle of problems

Premium Features