• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev Fuel tank Question???

M
Jan 14, 2004
I'm doing a mid mount turbo conversion on my Yami sled which requires the use of an 04 -06 Rev fuel tank. Are all these tanks basically the same cause I need to order a seat from Boss or someone and I'm hearing from some guys there may be differences in the tanks. Basically I just need to know if I can just order a seat and it will fit the tank.

Thanks

M5

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I think so..... there is a 440 rs tank that is only like 5 GAL tank....... some are black and some are clear/white. I also think the RT chassis is the same tank? Not 100% sure

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
04-07 summit revs should all be the same size. The ones from the x models are generally clear and dont have the fuel gauge in them. The ones from the 600 SDI models have a fuel pump in them, so I am not sure you want/need that.

I am not sure of the size difference compared to the mxz's or the RT platform revs, so you may want to look into that separate.

You can always check the part numbers on the microfiche either on the ski-doo site or at Ronnies mail order here...http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/fiche_select1.asp?cat=Snowmobiles&mfg=Ski-Doo

good luck

Joe

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
There were some differences under the tanks as the REV Summits are plumbed differently than the standard REV models but that wouldn't affect how the Boss seat fits over the top so no worries.

Have FUN!

G MAN

F

Fack

Nov 28, 2007
Does anyone know specifically what plastic these tanks are made of? I may need to do some repairs to mine...

Fack

M
Jan 14, 2004
Thanks for the fast replys. I'd have been waiting for a month on the Yami forum. The tank I have purchased but haven't recieved yet is clear so I think it must be an X tank.

M5

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Does anyone know specifically what plastic these tanks are made of? I may need to do some repairs to mine...

Fack

HDPE. If you intend to plastic weld (only good way to repair them) then make darn sure no more vapors exist!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Premium Features