• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 summit leaking gas

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
mine leaked from the big inspection nut by the oil reservoir facing the front of your sled, there is a large o ring in there thay was cut in mine and leaked when i filled it full of fuel, was like this from brand new.

J
Oct 16, 2008
Sobiff and I both had our sleds full of fuel in the the trailer going up the mountain, they are both 09 summit 800's. Mine leaked and his didn't, it looked like the gas was leaking out by the front left shock. They were parked facing the rear of the trailer so they would have been facing downhill coming up the mountain. This is the second time mine has done this, the trailer floor is soaked with gas.

Dec 22, 2008
EASTERN, UTAH
If you fill your sled and get the air bubble out and fill again, once it gets warm you will leak out the overflow no matter if its level or down hill. It will leak by the left shock.. Kinda a pain, I take an extra gas can to top her off on the mtn so it doesnt leak in the trailer. I learned the hard way when my garage had a pint of fuel on the floor and the wife let me have it...... LOL, wasn't laughing at the time though....

Last edited:
J
Oct 16, 2008
I checked it out a little closer when we were riding. The gas isnt coming out of the overflow by the front shock. When I would park downhill it would start leaking and dripping out from the carbs somewhere and out under my clutch.
I couldnt see the carbs well enough to know exactly were it was coming from. I will have to tear it apart more to locate the leak. Maybe a vent line off of the carbs?

D

Dave.H

Jan 9, 2009
The first thing I would look at is the inspection plug mine had a torn seal also. Its right behind the oil tank if its bad it will pour out bad. Good luck they are $12.00 and they will warranty them.

Premium Features