• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Truck Boss sled deck?

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So does anybody have a Truck Boss sled deck near Salt Lake City Utah that I could come look at. I am contemplating getting one but would really like to see one in person before I pull the trigger. Any pros and cons about that deck or using a sled deck of any kind?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Truck Boss is a very nice deck that seals ur box.
Takes more than an hr to put together. Most decks take 10min to install. Sled decks are awesome. I made a single deck because i haul 1 sled most of the time. 6in tall, keeps the sled clean and low profile ramp.

GS6

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I just picked up mine on tues and in the process of installing it. I am not sure yet what to think about it yet besides I like an open box and don't care about if the deck is sealed or not and just hope it comes in and out easily. mine has most of the options and everyone says its a 12 hr install

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
Yes you can take it off put together. My 8' bed has 8 clamps that clamp under the bed rails. It also looks likes the bracket the ramp slides in needs to come off to access the clamps. I think you could remove in 10 mins but a lot longer to reinstall

J

jph3

Dec 6, 2007
Edwards co
I have one installed... I would say a couple of things. They are not an easy/on easy/off deck. I put mine on because I run it year-round. If you are not looking for a sealed deck, and want to remove it, I would buy something else and save the money.

All that to say, I love mine, use it everyday from bikes, motos, just even being able to secure my business equipment and know it is 98% sealed and locked. I find more and more uses for this thing, and now I have an excuse to not haul all of my friends' furniture around every weekend :)

EEwbOIMVKCVe53NKxG_cDPvaqkYmQ96KttNHBLJlaG4

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the info. I definitely want a sealed deck. That is a very big selling point for this deck. Only bad thing is I'm used to my diamond back cover which I can open right behind the cab to gain access to the bed. That's really the only downside I can think of right now. I do plan on leaving it on 99% of the time so I don't see it coming off very often but I'm sure it will happen a time or two. But yes I don't like moving neighbors furniture either. Lol

Looks like there might have been a picture attached but I can't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
I would definitely go with the support legs. Have had mine for 4 to 5 years and bed rails sinking in back. Hard to open tailgate with sleds on. This happened even before I bought my Yamatank. I do have GM dually and rear quarters are plastic if that makes any difference. I take mine off every summer because I like the open bed. Takes about an hour to put on using battery impact, less time to take off. Over all have been happy. Would like to sell and go with a flat bed. Fred

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
got my deck mostly installed. just have to install flip extenssion, lights, winch, light bar, and super glides. so far I have 6 hrs into the install with 2 guys. I am really liking it so far

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I ran one for 2 years on a 14 chevy 1/2 ton with a 6ft 6" deck. Mine was a 7ft deck. I did NOT install the leg supports. The first summer I took it off, after that I ran it year round. No issues with not running the legs and I used it every weekend, even on forest roads.

Its not quick to remove or install and your not going to do it yourself unless you have a lift or make a pulley system to lift it off the box.

That being said... its an awesome deck, is so nice to use, and looks great for years and years. Its the only deck I would buy. Eric

Premium Features