• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI vs Evolution?

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Matt it would be interesting to see the result of a crank dyno vs a track dyno under simulated load.

DPG

Most likely won't see any track dyno stuff from us. Guys like Allen Ulmer might be best to show the difference between the two. We need to use the crank because were required to run these tests at different engine loads.

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska 99725
Matt, definitly looking forward for my MPI kit on the Viper. When can we expect to here what changes and improvements that are coming for this year. Also do you have any different up grades coming for your stage 2 kits? Thanks Fred

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Matt it would be interesting to see the result of a crank dyno vs a track dyno under simulated load.

DPG

What would you hope to find out other than who has the best clutch setup? Track dyno are notoriously inaccurate for sled testing other than testing for clutching and top speed, or changes on the same sled like dyno tuning. Just so you know I have used track dyno's in the past, before you ask.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
because they build turbo kits for yammi & sooner or later yammi will release a sled with the kit installed & it will have to be epa complient.

9k=

Been waiting for that for years.

The only way we are ever going to get a Yamaha Sled into the Deep Powder Challenge is for it to come, directly from Yamaha, with a Turbo pre-installed on it.

And I for one, WANT to see that sled put up Side by Side with all the others!

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Matt, definitly looking forward for my MPI kit on the Viper. When can we expect to here what changes and improvements that are coming for this year. Also do you have any different up grades coming for your stage 2 kits? Thanks Fred

We've made minor changes. We learned a lot from how Yamaha puts these things through there durability test. Things that would never break or have problems with in real life can be addressed now before that 1 guy rides his sled the way Yamaha does during testing. So over all the same base kit that we sold last year with some tweeks to make it more refined. Some changes with the most effect includes the fuel controller. To the average guy they doesn't seam like much but in reality it made huge changes in reliably and performance. Other small stuff includes a different shape of the airbox (no performance difference), custom hoses, cold air intake, and a few other things. I'll roll out all the different upgrade options in another post. But the easy one is the muffler exchange. For a $100 you send me back the muffler in the kit and I'll send you the high flow lightweight option. Just give me a call.

O
Dec 6, 2007

Been waiting for that for years.

The only way we are ever going to get a Yamaha Sled into the Deep Powder Challenge is for it to come, directly from Yamaha, with a Turbo pre-installed on it.

And I for one, WANT to see that sled put up Side by Side with all the others!

So then it would cost a few thousand more than the competition? Put turbo's on ALL of them, then do some FAIR testing.

Doesn't Cat already offer a factory 4 stroke turbo mtn sled in the same chassis as the viper? Did it make the challenge?

OF COURSE a turbo sled is likely to dominate, it had better for the extra money. When they deliver one for $12k new, then put it up against the 800 2 stroke benchmarks. Until then, it isn't much of a comparison.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
So then it would cost a few thousand more than the competition? Put turbo's on ALL of them, then do some FAIR testing.

Doesn't Cat already offer a factory 4 stroke turbo mtn sled in the same chassis as the viper? Did it make the challenge?

OF COURSE a turbo sled is likely to dominate, it had better for the extra money. When they deliver one for $12k new, then put it up against the 800 2 stroke benchmarks. Until then, it isn't much of a comparison.

so you are saying its not fair because the other dont offer it:face-icon-small-con,thats called stepping up the competition.the others use 2 stroke thats not fair cause yammi dosnt offer one lol:pound:.there are no rules when you are trying to be better than the competition.you dont get anything for free so yah a turbo is more, way to point that out capt obvious:face-icon-small-sho.ride what you like & suits yah,some of you guys need to get a life & stop making crap up just to make yourself feel better about what you ride.i ride turbo yammies cause i like them,if you dont who fffnn cares,your a bunch of internet heroes talking about a sled none of you have spent a second on,wow please keep the great info coming lol:deadhorse:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Don't worry about him to much.
If Yammi does in fact release a Factory Boosted Viper, then its 100% GAME ON time for product comparisons.

At that point it will be time for SnoWest to do some Head-To-Head sled comparisons as part of the annual DEEP POWDER CHALLENGE and then we will begin to get some real feedback on just how competitive they are.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think there should a deep snow challenge between AC 1100 Proclimb, Skidoo ETec &'Yamaha Viper....setup stock clutching only.

DPG

The magazine doesn't feel that in Stock Non-Turbo configuration they merit review as true mountain sleds.

They consider them non-competitive.

And they won't review any of them with an aftermarket turbo kit on them as it is not 100% PURE FACTORY.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The magazine doesn't feel that in Stock Non-Turbo configuration they merit review as true mountain sleds.

They consider them non-competitive.

And they won't review any of them with an aftermarket turbo kit on them as it is not 100% PURE FACTORY.

Will that's very interesting...How much advertising $$$$ does SW collect annually from 4S advertisers ???

DPG

Premium Features