• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'13 Pro no grease zerks on driveshaft

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
....or jackshaft. The manual says so grease the driveshaft til grease comes out the other side but no grease zerk that I can find.... I knew they quit putting zerks on the jackshaft but what gives on the driveshaft? and why print the user manual to grease a zerk that isnt there...???

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Zerc

You grease the drive shaft with a needle fitting. Look for a small hole on the leftside bearing.

I sure wouldn't have thought of doing that. Where do you purchase the needle to go on the end of the grease gun? I've never had to use something like this before but I can see it would be handly for working on sealed bearings.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Not sure why they would even recommend that the bearings on the drive shaft
( and jack shaft) are sealed ?? greasing it does nothing for the bearing.

K
Sep 16, 2011
there are 2 bearings on the PTO side of hte sled 1 for the driveshaft/speedo pickup and 1 for the jackshaft (behind the secondary)

there is a nipple for the driveshaft & nothing for the jackshaft bearing.

you can pop the bearing cover off the jackshaft bearing and put some grease in there. those bearings tend to last for years, the grease in mine is still plentiful & snow white after 2 years FYI.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
All bearings are sealed, so greasing the outside of em aint gonna do a thing. You need to carefully pick the seal out and then pack the bearings with grease and reinstall the seal.

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
My mistake. The bearing is sealed. There is also a needle hole to lube the bearing but, all it does is pump grease to the other side inside the tunnel. So in other words it is maintenance free.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
My mistake. The bearing is sealed. There is also a needle hole to lube the bearing but, all it does is pump grease to the other side inside the tunnel. So in other words it is maintenance free.

Then raise up the sled or lay it on the side and roptate the bearing while it is greased so the bearings transfer the grease around the inside of the bearing.

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
Then raise up the sled or lay it on the side and roptate the bearing while it is greased so the bearings transfer the grease around the inside of the bearing.

The grease totally bypasses the bearing, it goes around the outer race. It is a sealed bearing. Its not necessary to grease this bearing.

Premium Features