• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHEN will yamaha come out with a new chassis...is there hope???????

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I had a Nytro with 260 hp and it was crazy fun. I now have a Proclimb and i have just as much fun on it. it is way nicer to ride

i guess mabey i just ride it to show the people that say you cant do that on a 4stroke, so i go do it & say really:face-icon-small-ton.truthfully i can jump on any sled & have fun,i jumped on a old phazer last year & was still grinning ear to ear:face-icon-small-hap.it wouldnt matter what yammi does most will still hate on them hope its cool though.:face-icon-small-coo

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Whatever their new toys are, they are up in Canada....
QUOTE]

yes they are...and they are nothing special..they are in my back yard...i take paypal and you can have them cheap....

i will as well sell pics...

ps...the pics with Hillary and Bill making out on the two up is free with purchases of the new color charts for 2014...

M
Jan 14, 2004
Speaking from experience, I won't be buying a first year anything ever again (Rx1=turd, 2008 Nytro=turd) so I guess I'm going to have to tough it out on the Nypex for a season or 2.

M5

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
thats kinda harsh isn't it?

The 2008 Nytro wasn't a turd, it just had a bulkhead issue that needed to be resolved. Once that was done they ran fine.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado

The 2008 Nytro wasn't a turd, it just had a bulkhead issue that needed to be resolved. Once that was done they ran fine.

I disagree - the 2010 MTXSE was the sled they should have produced in 2008 - the updates they made to the rear skid, tunnel, floats, removal of sway bar etc. made for a very big improvement stock vs. stock. Several magazine reviews basically said that they could have re-named the sled, it was that big of a difference.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002

It was a turd.. it is a turd.. mine is a turd.

Problems..
crappy track
crappy front suspension
crappy ball joints
crappy rear suspension
crappy shocks
crappy steering
crappy exhaust
crappy running boards
crappy tunnel

The rest is / was ok...

What bulkhead issues?

M
Nov 27, 2007
Fort st. John B.C
It was a turd.. it is a turd.. mine is a turd.

Problems..
crappy track
crappy front suspension
crappy ball joints
crappy rear suspension
crappy shocks
crappy steering
crappy exhaust
crappy running boards
crappy tunnel

The rest is / was ok...

What bulkhead issues?
i have to agree on the 08 every imaginable problem to be had with mine.so if they come out with a new one might as well wait a year or two to work out all the issues.i like the 4 stroke motor but have to spend major money on the rest of the sled to make it contend with every other mountain sled, which is hard for the average Joe to come up with

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
I bought my 2008 mtx in early Oct 2007 . we were lucky enough to get snow about the 20th of Oct . after riding it and my m7 that weekend i walked into the dealer ship and tried to return it :face-icon-small-dis. it got worse and worse until i boosted it :face-icon-small-coo i still have the side plates off that sled in my nypex that i'm running this year and next year . we MAY see the 2014 sleds up here but i doubt it . the guys at MCX seem to get a pretty good look at them before they come out.
Yamaha has had there head up their A$$ for a few years as a company . look at their off road line . same line up as 2006 with a few tweaks .With companies like BRP looking into hydraulic CVT systems Yamaha needs to hit this one out of the park !

B
Dec 5, 2010
I'll have to agree, the 08 was somewhat dangerous to ride and overall crap minus motor and diecast frame. Tunnel, track, suspension front and rear, subframe, almost everything was junk, the 2010 was much better but still far from par from everything else on the market. Thank god for aftermarket and some enginuity or I would have gave up on the nytro a long time ago, but do love the motors so they at least have one thing going.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
My guess is in 2014 Yamaha will come out with a new trail sled possibly with a new engine package because that is where they have the biggest market share and can make the most profits. Call me cynical if you want to. As everyone has stated, the mountains are dominated by light 2-stroke sleds with killer chassis's. You can go back in past years and read all the same rumors of major improvements to get everyone talking and stirring the pot for what might be planned and look at what types of things they offer every year, a new kid’s sled, power steering and a crossover sled and nothing for the mountain market.<O:p</O:p
Corporations are in the business of making money for their share holders. How do they do that in a rocky slow moving economy?? Improve and become dominate in areas where they have the biggest market share and not in areas they have to spend money on R&D because of the huge impact it has on their bottom line. For Yamaha, that would be mid west families that live in areas with huge trail systems that might go off trail once in awhile.
We are not even going to mention the forest service's mission every year to close even more areas to motorized vehicles and the impact it has on an already small mountain sled market.
So I will put my money down on red, green, and yellow for the mountain market and Blue for the flatland market.<O:p</O:p

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK, I withdraw my previous comment.
I didn't realize at all that the 08 had THAT many issues.

I was thinking that I had an 08 and a 10, but I have an 09 and a 10.
The 10 is mine and I LOVE it, the 09 is my son's and it has given us ZERO problems.

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
Good then when you are on your pro I will drive right by you on my way up the mountain. I get discouraged as well, but could never go to a wimpy pro.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i sure love the Yamaha track snowblower...solid little rig...
their generators had issues for a while..they were trying to be a Honda...they are closer in recent years..
That 340 ovation was a great sled in its day...the Bravo as well...700 tripple...yum..
when Yamaha came out with the four cylinder to me that started everyone on the tech upswing...Yamaha just could'nt keep a good grip...

its going to be very very interesting,but i do agree that maybe Yamaha is really only after the ice fisherman/trail rider..??..it is a huge market..

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Good then when you are on your pro I will drive right by you on my way up the mountain. I get discouraged as well, but could never go to a wimpy pro.

Wimpy Pro? Have you looked one over in person? You might want to reconsider what you said. I'm diehard Yammy but Polaris has got an awesome chassis. At 451 lbs (wet no fuel 163 Pro) it's very light, but I can't find a single place where it's weak or under built.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Wimpy Pro? Have you looked one over in person? You might want to reconsider what you said. I'm diehard Yammy but Polaris has got an awesome chassis. At 451 lbs (wet no fuel 163 Pro) it's very light, but I can't find a single place where it's weak or under built.

Look above the lower crankcase and below the cylinder head.:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features