• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

standalone ECU for yamaha nytro all years

nytro standalone ECU ??

• Total voters
Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
well, i guess it is better not to respond to anybody since it is turning in **** all the time. better just ask questions and interpolate answers?? i now understand why all the other companies on here are pretty much silent and looking at the show without interfering too much only starting thread when releasing something new and then disapear.... a lot of them have warned me againts this forum, but i like it!! i guess i will learn it the hard way!

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Thats good to know , have not been on the vipec forum for awhile .
You may be right and once you have a apex set up , running, tuned and come to Revey. that i can see for my self , i will stick with what i am running.
the point is we are interested in developing a PnP ecu for nytro/apex, not me building a race sled to go beat you in revy....
Cam ( lightspeed) does very well in the tuning busisness with cars , but in tuning my sled it was a sh!t show to say the least , useing so many tables , overlay maps etc , it was a computer nerds nightmare .
at least he tried where you couldn't find nobody to go on that venture with you right? probably he learned a lot also from that venture.....might be another story now after 3-4 years don't you think? it can be totaly different,maybe not.
The way Jim (OSP) started me off was simple , something i could work with , because for now , until someone get this standalone thing worked out and working like a factory installed ECU , the buyer / rider has to do his own tuning , so keep it simple .
i agree with you.
The only other way is to get it in the hands of the turbo kit builders , have them tune it for there kit in all condition and then sell it as a kit , and i think this is what you are trying to do
yes you are right, we are willing to offer efi class to turbo kit manufacturer so they can tune their kit by themselves , in fact 4 turbo kit company are now running our ECU for this year(you will know wich in a few weeks!)
, but until I see it with my own eyes it is all here say , i have been sold so much sh!t by turbo kit builder that was suppose to work just to end up spending more money , my time getting it to work for them , just to have them wanting you to tell them what you did to get it working or having them telling you what you did will not work.
the industry is growing and in a better way.....
So yes , i some what believe in what you are trying to do , but until you do it , try not to tell others what they are doing wrong
why are you frustrated?? i offered our tuners expertise for free and you are mad?
all i know is i have a apex running stock compression , 3076 turbo , two sets of stage 700cc injectors , running at 11,600 rpms up to 25lbs of boost on C-12 and it rips , has very good throttle responce on boost or off boost .
Still think we can help you make it better(on mapping) and for free.
Hope this year you do make the trip to Revey, that you were suppose to last year , until then
to be honest, we decided to go to cooke city (USA) for testing because we felt we were not welcome and it was to hostile in western canada, still not sure why tough...we have made great connections and great friends this winter in the USA, probably same will happen this year in western Canada( we hope). if i ever meet you in revy, i won't be on an apex/nytro, i will be on a pro or proclimb 2 stroke turbo.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
I know...

common, i did not called you stupid, it is just a french to english translation meaning why would someone buy a 3x more expensive solution when it does nothing more, and a bit less in fact.

jesus guys, why are you so much focusing on stuff like that?

sorry again if you took it that way....but it wasn't my intention to call you "stupid"

Hey bud, I know you didn't. I just know how things can get out of hand here with a simple couple of words. Some people read things and relate to them differently than others. I just said be careful of certain words and how they are used.

No worries.... You didn't call me stupid :)

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
kinda weird!! it is a poll and with 1037 views so far and only 37 voters......to me it says it all....
it is reflecting what is going on all over this forum.....but i still like it!!

Not so much for me, i'm not interested in an Nytro standalone, why should i vote?
But i'm interested in an standalone to my Nypex.

Last edited:

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
common, i did not called you stupid, it is just a french to english translation meaning why would someone buy a 3x more expensive solution when it does nothing more, and a bit less in fact.

jesus guys, why are you so much focusing on stuff like that?

sorry again if you took it that way....but it wasn't my intention to call you "stupid"

I did not say that you called me anything , but the way you commented about OSP .

Thats good to know , have not been on the vipec forum for awhile .
You may be right and once you have a apex set up , running, tuned and come to Revey. that i can see for my self , i will stick with what i am running.
the point is we are interested in developing a PnP ecu for nytro/apex, not me building a race sled to go beat you in revy....

I know you are not trying to build are race sled and i did not want to race you , just would like to see your sled run and maybe drive it .

Cam ( lightspeed) does very well in the tuning busisness with cars , but in tuning my sled it was a sh!t show to say the least , useing so many tables , overlay maps etc , it was a computer nerds nightmare .
at least he tried where you couldn't find nobody to go on that venture with you right? probably he learned a lot also from that venture.....might be another story now after 3-4 years don't you think? it can be totaly different,maybe not.

I would never be someone giny pig again , when i took my sled to Cam , he said this would be easy , simple , he would have it installed and tuned within days , and my sled would fly and run forever , 3 year , after many, many trips tuning to the mountain , farmer fields , there i was still sitting there with a blow motor . I am happy with what i have now and until someone has something on the snow that i can see , drive ( not race )
The way Jim (OSP) started me off was simple , something i could work with , because for now , until someone get this standalone thing worked out and working like a factory installed ECU , the buyer / rider has to do his own tuning , so keep it simple .
i agree with you.

OK agreed , i think you are setting thing up different then how i am set up now and i do not want to start over again unless i can see for myself that is is better.

The only other way is to get it in the hands of the turbo kit builders , have them tune it for there kit in all condition and then sell it as a kit , and i think this is what you are trying to do
yes you are right, we are willing to offer efi class to turbo kit manufacturer so they can tune their kit by themselves , in fact 4 turbo kit company are now running our ECU for this year(you will know wich in a few weeks!)

That is good news , , hope they can get them tuned and deal with and custumers that have problems , not fun e-mailing data logs back and forth trying to work any problems out.

, but until I see it with my own eyes it is all here say , i have been sold so much sh!t by turbo kit builder that was suppose to work just to end up spending more money , my time getting it to work for them , just to have them wanting you to tell them what you did to get it working or having them telling you what you did will not work.
the industry is growing and in a better way.....

Maybe , hope so .

So yes , i some what believe in what you are trying to do , but until you do it , try not to tell others what they are doing wrong
why are you frustrated?? i offered our tuners expertise for free and you are mad?

Not frustrated or mad , thanks for the offer , very kind of you , and if we ever meet up , i may take you up on your offer .

all i know is i have a apex running stock compression , 3076 turbo , two sets of stage 700cc injectors , running at 11,600 rpms up to 25lbs of boost on C-12 and it rips , has very good throttle responce on boost or off boost .
Still think we can help you make it better(on mapping) and for free.

You could be right , i am not what i would call a tuner , but i am please with what i have for now .

Hope this year you do make the trip to Revey, that you were suppose to last year , until then
to be honest, we decided to go to cooke city (USA) for testing because we felt we were not welcome and it was to hostile in western canada, still not sure why tough...we have made great connections and great friends this winter in the USA, probably same will happen this year in western Canada( we hope). if i ever meet you in revy, i won't be on an apex/nytro, i will be on a pro or proclimb 2 stroke turbo.

That is to bad , if you do deside to come out , it would be very interesting to spend some time with your group , tuning , riding.

My whole point was , don,t try to point out what you think other are doing wrong or not right , or said that you can/could do it better , that how i took it when you made your comments about jim (osp) and i run one of his kit and Jim works very hard in what he does and for a guy that does not sell kits for the mountain guys , he did very good .

hope to meet you one day.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
alongside with gunner if you guys ever make it out west i would very much so like to come ride with you guys and see your product and tuning first hand, I know most guys like turn key and go. I like learning about this stuff and if i like to take pride in my machine and learn to tune my own sled to perfection. bring some extra units in case i need to go home with one!

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Hi Gino , i see that the tread over in the polaris turbo section going the same way , i do believe in what you are doing , if you have it worked out or not , thats not for me to say , but if you do have 4 turbo kit builder useing your ECU this year , that says a lot and shows a need for something new.
I know how you feel about the product you are developing / promoting , but in knowing how sledder are , i keep my opinion to my self and did not try to shove it onto others.
Sledders will buy a product that work , just get your product on the snow , if it works and works as you say it does , and once people see it , they will buy it , even the one that have given you the most negative feed back on these treads.
These treads are hurting you , do not put down other kit builder , tuners etc , state what it is your selling , refer people to these turbo kit builder using your ECU , guys may believe them on how your product work vs you , as they have been in the sledding busisness longer .
The general masses of sledders that want a turbo charge sled 2 or 4 stroke , want a gas , turn key and go , day in , day out , day after day , no tuning , if one product does that better then the other , i know which product i would be buying , just look at the boost -it system , it works , it simple , it seem to be the best answer to the problems that the turbo owners were having and something they can understand and use , Neil tested it on his own dime , did not shove it on anyone , it sell because it work , your ECU will to if its better.
As stated earlyer , hope to see you in Revey this your , always willing to learn.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Hi Gino , i see that the tread over in the polaris turbo section going the same way , i do believe in what you are doing , if you have it worked out or not , thats not for me to say , but if you do have 4 turbo kit builder useing your ECU this year , that says a lot and shows a need for something new.
I know how you feel about the product you are developing / promoting , but in knowing how sledder are , i keep my opinion to my self and did not try to shove it onto others.
Sledders will buy a product that work , just get your product on the snow , if it works and works as you say it does , and once people see it , they will buy it , even the one that have given you the most negative feed back on these treads.
These treads are hurting you , do not put down other kit builder , tuners etc , state what it is your selling , refer people to these turbo kit builder using your ECU , guys may believe them on how your product work vs you , as they have been in the sledding busisness longer .
The general masses of sledders that want a turbo charge sled 2 or 4 stroke , want a gas , turn key and go , day in , day out , day after day , no tuning , if one product does that better then the other , i know which product i would be buying , just look at the boost -it system , it works , it simple , it seem to be the best answer to the problems that the turbo owners were having and something they can understand and use , Neil tested it on his own dime , did not shove it on anyone , it sell because it work , your ECU will to if its better.
As stated earlyer , hope to see you in Revey this your , always willing to learn.
it might be the way i put words together because it is not my intention to put other product down, but it is a fact building a complete engine management system is a totaly different game than building a pulse modulator (fuel controller) or adding an injector driver box to a sled.when i refered to OSP, i never said they had a bad product or anything, but it is a fact Sebastien is realy advanced in the EFI tuning world doing this for 14-15 years on cars,powersports,drag racer and most of all on custom crazy ****.
Always remember we are not building kits and will not do so in a near futur, all i can say is: what ever setup you have ,we can tune it,make more power,safer with our standalones than with any piggyback or fuel controller system or added injector driver, plain and simple.
i will give you an example again. we are developing a RZR plugin ecu for 800-900 and our test rzr have a mcx turbo kit on it with some weird controller......the kit is well put togheter but holy crap the contoller is scraping everything.....i will not talk about the numbers because it will go wild again, but we are making almost 55 more hp,safer, at 11 lbs than what they are doing right now, not talking about the improvement on drivability.....all that because we have a real standalone taking care of business and sebastien knowledge.....finaly, and it will be my last comment on that matter: if you have a kit that"works" right now, then adding the standalone will improve all aspect from performance to drivability to engine safety, simply because we can tune failsafe,knock detection,control timing,stepper motor(idle), ect..

Last edited:

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
OK , enought said , the next thing i would expect to see on here this winter is , treads started or post in treads like this one from guys the are running your ECU on one of the 4 turbo kit builder using your ECU , and if it works that good , they will sell the product for you , you say you have over 100 unit out , maybe start a tread for these guys to come on here a state what they think of the unit .

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Cool!!

I did not say that you called me anything , but the way you commented about OSP .

That is to bad , if you do deside to come out , it would be very interesting to spend some time with your group , tuning , riding.

My whole point was , don,t try to point out what you think other are doing wrong or not right , or said that you can/could do it better , that how i took it when you made your comments about jim (osp) and i run one of his kit and Jim works very hard in what he does and for a guy that does not sell kits for the mountain guys , he did very good .

hope to meet you one day.

Good to see the tone of this is getting back to the basics. I hear ya.... You have valid points that we have all experienced. Points that need to be voiced so all can see this is not as easy as it is portrayed. Most of us have had some tuning issues etc. The turbo stuff is getting better no doubt. It NEEDS to get better. Many kits have been sold as plug and play.... NOT LIKELY!!! There is hope. A few kits have made it close to the level of plug and play. The more that are out there the better.

Thanks for some sparks and some good info!!!

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Precision EFI

it might be the way i put words together because it is not my intention to put other product down, but it is a fact building a complete engine management system is a totaly different game than building a pulse modulator (fuel controller) or adding an injector driver box to a sled.when i refered to OSP, i never said they had a bad product or anything, but it is a fact Sebastien is realy advanced in the EFI tuning world doing this for 14-15 years on cars,powersports,drag racer and most of all on custom crazy ****.
Always remember we are not building kits and will not do so in a near futur, all i can say is: what ever setup you have ,we can tune it,make more power,safer with our standalones than with any piggyback or fuel controller system or added injector driver, plain and simple.
i will give you an example again. we are developing a RZR plugin ecu for 800-900 and our test rzr have a mcx turbo kit on it with some weird controller......the kit is well put togheter but holy crap the contoller is scraping everything.....i will not talk about the numbers because it will go wild again, but we are making almost 55 more hp,safer, at 11 lbs than what they are doing right now, not talking about the improvement on drivability.....all that because we have a real standalone taking care of business and sebastien knowledge.....finaly, and it will be my last comment on that matter: if you have a kit that"works" right now, then adding the standalone will improve all aspect from performance to drivability to engine safety, simply because we can tune failsafe,knock detection,control timing,stepper motor(idle), ect..

Awesome bud!!!! Giver!!! I just wanted to comment on Western Canada not being friendly.... I don't know why you would say that. Still I hope you get over it and come and do some riding here. We have some crazy a$$ riding in the west . It would be beneficial for you to show up at Yammy Fest if your product works that well.

We are subject to French here as it is one of our two national languages.... many of us don't speak it that well if at all... Je ne parley pas tres bien le Francais..... pardon my spelling... still the language barrier is only as far as we take it. I have worked with lots of peeps whose native tongue is not english. It adds flavour to the conversation... not always good flavour but flavour none the less. Don't let the comments here discourage you... don't take everything literally.... We don't bite!!! We just want answers!!!

Come on Down!!! Catch ya later!!! Oh yeah.... the views VS votes may just be a lot of the same peeps coming for a visit!!!

Later.....

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Precision EFI I read a lot of your threads and posts. You really do rub people the wrong way a lot. If you would just focus on YOUR products and what YOU do I think you would have a lot more success on this forum. I also see you jump on other peoples threads when they announce something new or try and promote their product. Again, just friendly advice but I think do that is really bad form( inappropriate behavior). As you are realizing too people will say things on the internet they would never say in person and people do take things the wrong way a lot. When you can't see HOW(like body language etc.) someone is saying something it is easy to take it the wrong way. Last, you need to sponsor a pro rider or multiple pro riders who are great riders and good promoters for your product. If people would see videos of your kit performing on SW, Youtube and sled films it would go a long way in proving what you are saying. Or not.

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Awesome bud!!!! Giver!!! I just wanted to comment on Western Canada not being friendly.... I don't know why you would say that. Still I hope you get over it and come and do some riding here. We have some crazy a$$ riding in the west . It would be beneficial for you to show up at Yammy Fest if your product works that well.

We are subject to French here as it is one of our two national languages.... many of us don't speak it that well if at all... Je ne parley pas tres bien le Francais..... pardon my spelling... still the language barrier is only as far as we take it. I have worked with lots of peeps whose native tongue is not english. It adds flavour to the conversation... not always good flavour but flavour none the less. Don't let the comments here discourage you... don't take everything literally.... We don't bite!!! We just want answers!!!

Come on Down!!! Catch ya later!!! Oh yeah.... the views VS votes may just be a lot of the same peeps coming for a visit!!!

Later.....

May give it a try this year western Canada....as soon as snow flies where ever it is in the country, we are going, and finalize fueling and compensation(fine tune),so it might be revy who knows.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i can tell you what the prob is,we have all seen this song & dance befor.iam not discrediting your work, just too many befor you have came on here befor saying they had the best fuel system that worked flawless.guess what they didnt allot of us have been there done that & are tired of wasting money on unproven stuff.if you want it to sell get some good riders that ride allot in all sorts of condition,have them document testing ie vids & post to show how it works & be truthfull if you have issues get them fixed & show progress.then it will sell:face-icon-small-hap

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
i can tell you what the prob is,we have all seen this song & dance befor.iam not discrediting your work, just too many befor you have came on here befor saying they had the best fuel system that worked flawless.guess what they didnt allot of us have been there done that & are tired of wasting money on unproven stuff.if you want it to sell get some good riders that ride allot in all sorts of condition,have them document testing ie vids & post to show how it works & be truthfull if you have issues get them fixed & show progress.then it will sell:face-icon-small-hap

we are not building KITS.....we are taking care of the EFI departement...what ever is your setup it doesn.t matter boost is boost. Again if you have a piggy or injector driver we can make it better,safer.With the aggresivness received in this thread, we will, for now, continue to install our standalone with expension harnesses on apex/nytro in our local area only.when we feel time is right , we will let you guys know further installations out west.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I wouldn't call it aggressiveness, i'd call it skepticism. People will no longer accept being the R&D for you or ANYONE. All people are saying is, if your trying to sell a product, go out, build the sled(insert brand), turbo it, install your fuel management system, and bring it to different riding areas. (Places like Revy/Sicamous, etc, etc where a lot of good running sleds/riders run hard in real snow conditions). To be successful, you need to let the product sell itself through other sledders. You seem to be passionate about your product and nobody discredits your intelligence. All they ask is you put in your dues proving your equipment in the best winter has to offer, instead of trying to sell us something that hasn't been tuned yet. To us, flat land and sea level riding, means nothing.

Western Canada might seem tough because there is a lot of guys with strong running iron that live or travel from far to ride the big mountains of BC. All of the guys that have been successful like Boost-It, Twisted Turbo's, Boondocker, TSS, Powderlites, MCX, Alpine, and Impulse, etc, build, tune and let their equipment speak for itself. Almost every weekend, you can see these guys/brands laying it down on the mountain. The difference between these guys and Precision EFI, is they have customers coming on here selling their products instead of them. I don't claim to know everything, but IMO, the mountain is the proving grounds, not the internet. Sell the mountain and everything else will fall into place for you. Good luck in your endeavor's....

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
we are not building KITS.....we are taking care of the EFI departement...what ever is your setup it doesn.t matter boost is boost. Again if you have a piggy or injector driver we can make it better,safer.With the aggresivness received in this thread, we will, for now, continue to install our standalone with expension harnesses on apex/nytro in our local area only.when we feel time is right , we will let you guys know further installations out west.

i did not state anything about a kit just simply answering your question as to what the mountain riders i ride with are looking for.i have been riding turbo 4strke yammies since 04 so i have seen & rode with most every system out there only 1 that i have been 100% happy with.would love to see a standalone that worked flawless day in day out have not seen one yet,was just offering some friendly input.:thumb:

Premium Features