• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Talk to me about GAUGES for the MPI Supercharger

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
8-9 on my last ride if I remember right - I cleared the memory on the gauge, otherwise I could give you an exact number :)

I really like the kit so far - there is a slight burble once in a while but I can't nail down the exact RPM or condition when it happens (not consistent). The biggest issue I had last winter was the short season - I need to get some more miles on it!

Hopefully we get some good snow this year. I have the same stutter problem with my MPI S/C. Hoping we can reflash the ECU and the problem will be fixed. So you have no complaints about your Koso gauge?

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Hopefully we get some good snow this year. I have the same stutter problem with my MPI S/C. Hoping we can reflash the ECU and the problem will be fixed. So you have no complaints about your Koso gauge?

No complaints - basically I just wanted something to show that I got the psi that I paid for. I don't stare at it when I ride, I reset it before each ride and check it when I stop to make sure I am not over boosting. I bought the 180 kit so I could just put good fuel in and ride - so I am trying to keep my messing around to a minimum.

I called MPI today and talked to Josh. He said they are 2-3 weeks out on releasing the ECU stuff.

Let me know if you go the ECU route and if it cleans up the burble.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I called MPI today and talked to Josh. He said they are 2-3 weeks out on releasing the ECU stuff.

The moment they are ready to ship I will be at the head of the line for a new ECU from Evolution!

With any luck we will see it by early October!!

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
No complaints - basically I just wanted something to show that I got the psi that I paid for. I don't stare at it when I ride, I reset it before each ride and check it when I stop to make sure I am not over boosting. I bought the 180 kit so I could just put good fuel in and ride - so I am trying to keep my messing around to a minimum.

I have no gauge's on my S/C so im in the dark. I will be installing Koso x2 gauges on my sled's so i can see whats going on. I do want as much boost as the kit will allow.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I have no gauge's on my S/C so im in the dark. I will be installing Koso x2 gauges on my sled's so i can see whats going on. I do want as much boost as the kit will allow.

Yep - you want to make sure you are getting what you paid for. Yamaha could make more money off of us on these snow check kits by offering some options like this (boost gauge, etc.)

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised with what they have to offer in March...:face-icon-small-hap

I gave up hope on that a couple of years ago, it would be nice if you are right though. For the last few years Yamaha has been busy selling hundreds of thousands motorcycles and scooters to everyone in SE Asia to worry about what a couple thousand dis-satified north american snowmobile customers want - maybe that will change soon.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Amazon gauge looks pretty awesome

I have a needle gauge on my boost , and it is hard to see, plus bounces around some on the rough trail. would prefer a digital gauge for sure

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
I had a digital boost gauge on my S/C nytro. It was impossible to read it while I was riding, and the one I had didn't have any kind of recall or memory so it was pretty useless. I switched to a liquid filled boost gauge from auto meter and I love it, so much easier to read while on the move. Just my .02

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have a needle gauge on my boost , and it is hard to see, plus bounces around some on the rough trail. would prefer a digital gauge for sure
Will be interesting to see if this one really works or not WHILE you are in motion!!

Hopefully its PLENTY BIG ENOUGH to solve the problem.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
<table id="container" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="640"><tbody><tr> <td style="WIDTH: 640px" colspan="2"> Hello chris ,
Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that Powersport Superstore shipped your item, and that this completes your order. Your order is on its way, and can no longer be changed. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.com.
</td></tr> <tr> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 20px; PADDING-RIGHT: 20px; WIDTH: 640px" colspan="2"> <table style="BORDER-TOP: #2d3741 3px solid; WIDTH: 640px" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 14px; PADDING-TOP: 11px; FONT: 14px Arial, san-serif; PADDING-LEFT: 18px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; WIDTH: 280px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #efefef" valign="top">Your estimated delivery date is:
Friday, September 13, 2013 -
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
Does this mean I am going to have a problematic gauge for the whole season?:face-icon-small-ton

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It arrived
u3ehy5yr.jpg

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
...didn't read far enough through your post..... got to the pictures and saw the O2 sensor, and said to myself; what the hell?!?!? i thought this was a boost gauge thread....:face-icon-small-hap

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Does the X-2 gauge offer a 0-5V analog output for any of the channels. I couldn't find the info on KOSO's website, just wondering if it said anything in the owners manual/instructions. Looks like it will be a pretty nice setup.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
...didn't read far enough through your post..... got to the pictures and saw the O2 sensor, and said to myself; what the hell?!?!? i thought this was a boost gauge thread....:face-icon-small-hap
The X2 gauge does THREE things.

Boost
Air Fuel Ratio

Temperature
22120375.jpg

Premium Features