• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

leg strap for ABS Escape 30?

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
Be easy on me, I'm a newbie to air bags, this is my first.
I bought a used ABS Escape 30 bag. It didn't come with a leg strap & I can't figure out how it was supposed to run. Does anyone know or have any pictures. I obviously wanna get it replaced before my first ride out west.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
i dont think the escape series had leg straps. i saw the vario at the snow show and it only had one on the left leg side. it was attatched to the bag but had an easy access plastic clip to get you in and out of the leg strap fast. unfortunatley i believe the clip would be prone to failure under cold and extreme shock from impact/deployement. ski

Last edited:

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
The escape series came with leg straps, they are normally red and they are in the top pocket of the pack. They feed through the waist belt and down around your legs. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
If anyone has any pictures I'd greatly appreciate it. I've searched all over the net and any pics I have seen don't show a leg strap. If there is supposed to be one, I'd like to have it. I figure I can probably make one up myself easy enough if I know how its supposed to attach.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I just used my Snow Pulse avy vest for the first time today and couldn't find leg straps either. Not good. Should it have come with them or do you just need to rig them? Also, the zipper got clogged with ice constantly. I need to fit a set of buckles so I can avoid the crappy zipper.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
If you need leg straps, just hit CO instead of the blowies for your first trip & I'll give you a set. They're easy to set up once you've got them.

We're gonna be in the Madres the 1st week of Jan. , prob gonna drive down to the Rabbit Ears a day or two to ride. You should come up and ride with us a day or 2.
We're thinking about coming to CO in Feb.

Premium Features