• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163x16x3 Cammo Xtreme on xp turbo with TS skid

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Well the title pretty much says it all. Been doing some research and talkin to a couple of good guys on snowest here about putting this track on my xp with 7 tooth avid drivers. I have read a lot of threads about this and I just wanted to hear from you guys that have this track and what you think of. Any regrets? Any problems? Any damage to the track after a few miles are on it? I know there is some rivets that need to be fixed and I dont want to do a drop and roll. My back up plan is the same track in a 2.5. I would like to get the 3" in a 15 wide but it is not available. Any feedback would be great.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I'm doing a 162x16x3 drop and roll on my 04 T-Rev w/ 9 tooth drivers. 8 if I can't get the clearance I want My buddy has one on his 2010 XP, stock engine, 7 tooth drivers, clutched and geared. His works good. Far better than stock. No probs w/ the track coming apart.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I'm doing a 162x16x3 drop and roll on my 04 T-Rev w/ 9 tooth drivers. 8 if I can't get the clearance I want My buddy has one on his 2010 XP, stock engine, 7 tooth drivers, clutched and geared. His works good. Far better than stock. No probs w/ the track coming apart.

what are you doing for D&R ? Jackshaft lowered or whos kit? Are you going to need to relocate the skid back as well?.Wonder if a Belt D&R is available for yours?

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
D&R

I'm using a Specialty Sleds kit. It moves the chain case down and back and relocates the secondary shaft into the tunnel. I'm going to make a sheild to protect the shaft. I'm sure I'll have to move the skid back since I'm going from a 159 to a 162.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I have the 155x2.5x15 on my Xp. It's a ported motor and runs good. It works really good, alot better than the stock track with the same motor. Either way you go would be good. It's just if you have the extra money or not.

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
163X16X3"

I'm not sure what your center to center distance on your case is, but you will need a minimum of 7.1". The track will hit your jackshaft in the tunnel. That is with 7 tooth drivers.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.

I do believe that 3 inch paddle and 9 tooth in a rev will be very tight with the specialty D&R. Let me know what driver you end with.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I'm not sure what your center to center distance on your case is, but you will need a minimum of 7.1". The track will hit your jackshaft in the tunnel. That is with 7 tooth drivers.

Robbie, what would it take for you to make a stretched cc for the rev chassis? Seems these 3 inch paddle tracks are becoming quite popular and there just is not alot of options to run a larger driver (8 or 9 tooth).

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Hey guys...dont want to be rude but I am not interested in the Rev chassis D&R....looking for guys that have 163x16x3 with 7 tooth drivers in the XP CHASSIS with the stock chaincase.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Hey guys...dont want to be rude but I am not interested in the Rev chassis D&R....looking for guys that have 163x16x3 with 7 tooth drivers in the XP CHASSIS with the stock chaincase.

Good point - sorry to hi jack.....

Now back to topic!

I know Winterbrew has installed several 3 inchers in the XP with Avid 7 tooths and no problems. You have the turbo, higher track speed.....just keep your trail mph within reason and shouldn't have a problem. If you want to go 15 wide, a couple buddies and a table saw and your there.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
I'm using a Specialty Sleds kit. It moves the chain case down and back and relocates the secondary shaft into the tunnel. I'm going to make a sheild to protect the shaft. I'm sure I'll have to move the skid back since I'm going from a 159 to a 162.

You shouldn't need to make a shield. Iv had severel Revs from 03 to 07 with drop and rolls with no issues to shaft in tunnel. Current chassis is a 07 summit 159 with 156x16x2.5 with TS skid.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Good point - sorry to hi jack.....

Now back to topic!

I know Winterbrew has installed several 3 inchers in the XP with Avid 7 tooths and no problems. You have the turbo, higher track speed.....just keep your trail mph within reason and shouldn't have a problem. If you want to go 15 wide, a couple buddies and a table saw and your there.

I have been talking to winterbrew on here and he seems to like this setup...which is why I thought about doing it.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
All I can say is that if you have sweet working Turbo you're not going to be disappointed in that Timberled skid with that track! In fact, you'll wish you did it sooner! I love my TS skid. I just need more traction.

T
May 22, 2010
Kelowna BC
Most of the drop and rolls, do drop and roll too much too get the jackshaft in the stock tunnel, or aftermarket tunnels built the same as stock. Screws up the geometry of the chassis no fun to ride anymore, and you can't get your right foot near the front footing saddle. The chaincase is too far back.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Most of the drop and rolls, do drop and roll too much too get the jackshaft in the stock tunnel, or aftermarket tunnels built the same as stock. Screws up the geometry of the chassis no fun to ride anymore, and you can't get your right foot near the front footing saddle. The chaincase is too far back.

Tari,I have a Straitline Chaincase which drops 3/4 in and back 1 in..not the big drop I see in some other kits.Your thoughts on this one?one thing i found is that flat approach angle does keep the front planted but does take the fklickability away as you mentioned, My plan will be D&R.3 inch paddle and drop skid 3/4 inch to keep the lightness on the front end.Also when I went to the Timbersled skid the sled sits higher which really loosens up the maneuverability.Again not trying to high jack any ones post but all good info.

Last edited:
Premium Features