• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Yamaha Nytro MTX

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Sounds like MPI will be installing turbo and superchargers for yamaha.
I dont think push could keep up.

That is what I had heard too - but I can't find the info anywhere on the website to confirm. They still show the push turbo in the accessories as well as the MPI supercharger.

I wonder if the dealer has to perform the install to keep the warranty in place, or if a person could install the kit themselves and save a little $$?

W

wilmot

Feb 3, 2010
Clearfield, UT
I think i will have the dealer do the install. I dont want to tinker with nothing. If there's a problem it's on them. Then your azz is coverd.

S

skyler.hager

Oct 13, 2009
what a disappointment!!! i really thought yamaha would have actually put in an effort to keep up with the Pro RMK's! maybe next year. IMO they better step up or step out!!!:face-icon-small-dis

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
When you put your deposit down you do commit to the turbo or surper charger but I don't know if they are staying with push or going MPI my opinion would be MPI for both...
I have 2 2011 sleds left I will let go for $10399.00 out the door...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Maybe the little bird was telling you about stuff 2 years away instead of this year?!

So.
I SPOKE to my little bird this afternoon and to voice my high level of discontent over have been mislead.

Little Bird said, "JUST WAIT..........."

So perhaps not everything has been revealed just yet.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Maybe they are waiting to see what bomb arctic cat drops. I would think they would have dropped it already though. I know there was talk of a diamond drive. And I tried to look today and I did not see any pics under the hood of the nytro this year?

N
Jan 25, 2011
if they were droping new sleds wouldn't you think they would do them all at once? or get the best out first? id bet hes talking wait for another year, but thats just my assumption and every one knows when you assume you make an *** out of you and me!:lol:

rmk stu

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2008
Roseburg, Oregon
I sure hope Yamaha does not hang it up!! I admire them for having the guts to be the first(and only so far) to introduce the first all 4 stroke line up and spend the money to develope a 4 stroke that is actually worth something. I have riden Polaris for 14 years, last year I bought my 08' Nytro MTX. This is by far the best machine I have owned so far. Just one last thought, I am not sure Yamaha, or any other sled manufacture could ever build the perfect sled. No matter what they build you guys are going to spend thousands trying to make it better anyway. HAHA:face-icon-small-hap

Stu

B
Dec 5, 2010
So.
I SPOKE to my little bird this afternoon and to voice my high level of discontent over have been mislead.

Little Bird said, "JUST WAIT..........."

So perhaps not everything has been revealed just yet.

Thats the problem, you have to keep waiting and waiting for yamaha to catch up in the mtn segment.

Dont get me wrong, i love the reliablility and have had nothing but yamahas the last 5 years but its getting old having to dump cash to get them to compare to a 2 stroke. I wasnt expecting anything new this year but the things they did address like skis and seat are minimal things. The skis they did put on suck in the first place so thats a step backwards. The grip thing is a null point, a set of spi elements for $50 works twice as good and half the cost of stock ones, the taller seat is a nice perk but really i could think of alot of other things that need work before the seat did. So again, it sucks being a yammi fan and another crappy year for team blue.

I was disappointed with what they came out with. I am just waiting to see if they have some big improvements from last year. I really like the MTX but I was wishing for more horse and lighter weight. Good thing is I deploy for year and I can wait for 2013s to see if they make a game changer!

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
:jaw:That's disappointing, looks like they've settled back into their old routine of letting the the guys disappear over the hill, while the other manufacturers are stealing away customers, Yamaha will put the pressure on the dealer to make magical sales. I'm bummed out. The upside is, the 2010 2011 models will retain better value.

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
I was disappointed with what they came out with. I am just waiting to see if they have some big improvements from last year. I really like the MTX but I was wishing for more horse and lighter weight. Good thing is I deploy for year and I can wait for 2013s to see if they make a game changer!

That sucks that you have look forward to deploying because they didn't come with a sled that would make a difference.. be safe.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
That is what I had heard too - but I can't find the info anywhere on the website to confirm. They still show the push turbo in the accessories as well as the MPI supercharger.

I wonder if the dealer has to perform the install to keep the warranty in place, or if a person could install the kit themselves and save a little $$?
garunteed that it has to be a dealer install.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, this is what I was told.
There is MORE TO COME.

We have to wait until AFTER the other manufacturers have finished their releases over the next week or so for Yamaha to come back with "MORE" announcements.

Looks like they are playing the game and holding back on some more info to try and draw the attention BACK to them after everyone else has spoken.

So we wait another week and see what appears.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
So, this is what I was told.
There is MORE TO COME.

We have to wait until AFTER the other manufacturers have finished their releases over the next week or so for Yamaha to come back with "MORE" announcements.

Looks like they are playing the game and holding back on some more info to try and draw the attention BACK to them after everyone else has spoken.

So we wait another week and see what appears.

:face-icon-small-sho:lol::D

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
if evryone thinks their nytro or apex is too heavy or not enough hp then....why did you buy it in the first place? just sayin!! i love my heavy azz nytro!!!

Premium Features