• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOOST-IT FUEL SYSTEMS

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I have completed the extra injector fuel system kit for all boosted Nytro's. The kit comes with everything except fuel fittings for the injector bosses.

This system adds fuel only under boost and the rider adjusts at how much boost the system starts to add fuel and how much fuel the extra injectors add. I can easily give you enough fuel to run over 20 lbs of boost safely.

When not on boost, the sled runs on it's stock fuel system with stock injectors, and stock fuel settings. I noticed a huge improvement in fuel economy and improved driveability running with the stock fuel system. No more trying to get oversize injectors tuned for low speed driveability and fuel economy, while still having as much fuel as you need for moderate to high boost numbers.
For the record:
I will not try to sell this to anyone that is skeptical or think it may not work. I know it works...if you want it, then I will sell it to you and give excellent support for installation, tuning, etc. This is not my primary source of income. I have a job. I am only trying to help the people that are tired of there sled not running properly. Boosted sleds are a hoot, and everyone that spent the money should be able to enjoy a great running sled.
I have had a ton of dealers inquire about this system, and I am not that interested in giving big discounts for one system. Dealers can pay full price for the first one, then they will get discounted if the dealer decides to buy more.
Send me a PM for price and install instructions. I am not a SW advertiser so will not post a price. I can ship anywhere.

NM

STANDALONE EFI.jpg Nytro inj.jpg sled.jpg STANDALONE EFI 007.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEuu_9MIxzk
Here is a clip of the sled running so you get the idea of throttle response and how clean it runs. If you want to climb the Monster chute in Revy, now you know the line.:face-icon-small-win
I will have a 4 cylinder kit available before xmas. I also have a 2 cylinder kit that should work for the Phazer riders.
There is a 2 stroke turbo guy testing the 2 cylinder kit right now and will probably work good for the 2 stroke turbo's.

If anyone has questions regarding the system, please ask them on this thread rather than by PM. This way everyone can learn more about how it works, etc.

Last edited:
N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I wanted to give everyone a better idea of the size of the controller, so here are some more pics. It is about the same size as your avg dataphone, blackberry, etc. I have sourced a pelican case that perfectly houses the controller.
Any orders before end of Oct. will include a free Pelican case!

I have made Alpine Motor Sport in Salmon Arm a dealer for these fuel systems and I believe they have made a fuel rail and fittings for the injectors.

I also have some pics of the 4 cyl prototype I tested last June.

nytro 005.jpg nytro 004.jpg apex inj 1.jpg sled 002.jpg

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Can I still run my Malpassi 1:1 fuel regulator and MSD fuel pump or do I need to change?
You must use a 1:1 regulator. Any good fuel pump will work as long as it is rated to the horsepower your trying to achieve.
I find it interesting all the different sleds this is already going on to. So far I have a Northwest Turbo(Ulmer), a homemade, Powderlites, numerous Alpine, 2 stroke twin turbo (can't disclose make yet), and one on my Apex. Once these sleds hit the snow it should be interesting.
I am going to try one on a MCX for the guys that want to crank it up a bit.:face-icon-small-sho

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I had a good question PM'd to me.
Customer wanted to know if they left the stock fuel injection system intact on a 2 stroke turbo, would my system control an extra set of injectors for the boost/fuel needed?
That is exactly what this system was designed to do. The OEM's have spent countless hours and tens or maybe even hundreds of thousands of dollars designing and testing a fuel injection system. I don't recommend that anyone change that system. If the engine runs lean or rich because of the added turbo system, then I recommend that the stock system be tuned by fuel pressure. So if it runs rich, then drop the pressure a couple pounds.
My system is easily adjustable by simply adjusting injector duty cycle to add or take away fuel while the sled is on boost. The fuel controller has a built in MAP sensor that will add fuel as boost pressure rises.
I did not invent this technology, and was not the first to try it on a sled. MCxpress has used extra injectors for years on snowmobiles. The huge advantage with my system is that the rider sets the amount of fuel that the sled needs for boost. This works excellent for guys that want to mod the engine with porting, cams, compression change, etc. MCX is mapped for a specific compression and cam timing configuration with stock porting, so if a MC owner wanted to change any of that, then they realistically should have a new map built. With my system, you would simply turn up the fuel.

That is the long answer!:face-icon-small-ton

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
boost it kit - supercharged trail sled

Hey there,

I like the concept of the kit and keeping the factory Fi system in tact. I have a supercharged apex with the MPI controller on it. First its a trail sled not a mountain so I ride beat up rough sometimes down right hard pack trails that are brutal on electronics, we back pack trips where the sleds can sit outside in -30 below or colder (on one trip it was -45 when we got up mine was the only sled to start in the group)

The questions I have are my programmer is ok at keeping the engine alive but its eats fuel now even with a BOV and because of the walboro pump I cannot get at the last gallon of fuel I get about a 70-80mile range depending on how hard I am on it. I need at least 100+ mile range to get to the fuel stops along the trail.

So I'm wondering about mpg and cold durability.

2nd my sled crusing down the trail at light loads is in 5-6 psi of boost (drawback of a SC over a TC) will this system compensate or know the difference between WOT 5-6 lbs and light cruising at 6lbs?

Other then that turn a couple knobs and that is the only adjustment?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Hey there,

I like the concept of the kit and keeping the factory Fi system in tact. I have a supercharged apex with the MPI controller on it. First its a trail sled not a mountain so I ride beat up rough sometimes down right hard pack trails that are brutal on electronics, we back pack trips where the sleds can sit outside in -30 below or colder (on one trip it was -45 when we got up mine was the only sled to start in the group)

The questions I have are my programmer is ok at keeping the engine alive but its eats fuel now even with a BOV and because of the walboro pump I cannot get at the last gallon of fuel I get about a 70-80mile range depending on how hard I am on it. I need at least 100+ mile range to get to the fuel stops along the trail.

2nd my sled crusing down the trail at light loads is in 5-6 psi of boost (drawback of a SC over a TC) will this system compensate or know the difference between WOT 5-6 lbs and light cruising at 6lbs?

First of all, the durability will not be an issue. the manufacturer of the controller has sold hundreds of injection kits around the world and has had numerous victorys in Baja trucks. They specialize in personal aircraft injection systems that have an excellent reputation.
Secondly, I have to admit that I do not know alot about Supercharged sleds. I would have to be educated on how a S/C can run 6 lbs boost at cruising and at wide open. I would assume that intercooler pressure and manifold pressure are different at cruise, and same at wide open somehow? I'm sure we could make it work. I would assume that manifold pressure at cruise would be no greater than 0 lbs boost? Typically I use manifold pressure for a signal line to the fuel controller's MAP sensor, so I would do the same for a S/C and then adjust the boost/fuel start pressure to where the sled is happy. At low speed cruise, your stock fuel system may be more than capable of providing the proper amount fuel for cruising at up to 4-5 lbs, and that is where you could set the start point for fuel on my controller. I did speak with Mac at MPI briefly, and he seemed to think extra injectors would work good with a S/C.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Hey there,

kinger9,

what BOV are you using...and how do you have it adjusted? From the sounds of it, you have it adjusted all the way OUT/soft...meaning you are bleeding off your boost at WOT. That could explain why you are seeing 5-6lbs at cruise AND 6lbs at WOT.

what stage is your kit? ie...stage 1, 2, or 3?

Is your boost gauge signal fitting installed on the intercooler, or the intake manifold?

Neil, in theory, the BOV is sensing vacuum at idle/part throttle and bleeding off pressure until the throttle bodies are open enough to go from vacuum to boost...it is probably more of a linear/progressive change.

hope this helps

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Sorry I should be more clear. Cruising on a trail at 60-80mph I run around 1/4 throttle and about 5 - 6 psi. What I was speak of is when say I'm stopped and stomp on it and it runs at the stage 1 10 psi but on the way there (ie as the rpms ramp up so does the boost because of the SC) the rpms where it will see the same 6 psi will be at a heavier load, its only a matter of a split second so maybe I'm splitting hairs. I was trying to get my mpg up on a trail, but maybe 6 psi cruising is the same as say stomping it letting it blow past 6 psi ont he way to 10psi?

I have a stage 1 apex on a shimmed head running 10-11 psi on 91 fuel. I added a Vortec BOV and I am not using it to limit boost just blow off when i let off the gas although its so sensitive that it does blow off some at light loads which helps the miliage just need more help to get that mpg up a little. The BOV is connected from behind the throttle bodies. GEMS fuel controller is connected to the intercooler.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
This system should work fine on a supercharger. We have installed numerous other controllers on our supercharger kits and use M.A.P. sensor for boost input. NMs kit would work the same for you, on a supercharger you are building boost earlier in the rpm range and you don't have vacuum or negative boost like you do with a turbo system, but his fueling concept would work the same and add fuel as boost increases and you should be fine.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I did not invent this technology, and was not the first to try it on a sled. MCxpress has used extra injectors for years on snowmobiles. The huge advantage with my system is that the rider sets the amount of fuel that the sled needs for boost. This works excellent for guys that want to mod the engine with porting, cams, compression change, etc. MCX is mapped for a specific compression and cam timing configuration with stock porting, so if a MC owner wanted to change any of that, then they realistically should have a new map built. With my system, you would simply turn up the fuel.

That is the long answer!:face-icon-small-ton[/QUOTE]

Most believe you cant tune a mcx set up but that is not 100% true. With the datalogger/megatune you can adjust the fuel map on boost to your hearts content. You can not adjust timing but you can regulate fuel. Plus it allows you to log what is happening.

http://www.mc-xpress.com/

click on mcxpress display unit.

With your system does it allow some sort of logging or will one have to eyeball gauges at speed to monitor what is happening and determine if it needs more less fuel?

Later

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.

That is the long answer!:face-icon-small-ton

Most believe you cant tune a mcx set up but that is not 100% true. With the datalogger/megatune you can adjust the fuel map on boost to your hearts content. You can not adjust timing but you can regulate fuel. Plus it allows you to log what is happening.

With your system does it allow some sort of logging or will one have to eyeball gauges at speed to monitor what is happening and determine if it needs more less fuel?

Later[/QUOTE]
I looked long and hard at the MCX system and almost bought it, but the megatune was 800.00 and still could not adjust it on the hill without a laptop. I talked to a couple guys who had the megatune and they actually advised me to pass on it. Data logging is good and all, but it won't make your sled run spot on every day when the conditions change.
I know for a fact that I could tune a sled much faster with my system, then any sled with a datalogger and a laptop.:face-icon-small-win

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta

Later
I looked long and hard at the MCX system and almost bought it, but the megatune was 800.00 and still could not adjust it on the hill without a laptop. I talked to a couple guys who had the megatune and they actually advised me to pass on it. Data logging is good and all, but it won't make your sled run spot on every day when the conditions change.
I know for a fact that I could tune a sled much faster with my system, then any sled with a datalogger and a laptop.:face-icon-small-win[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me, my comment was not meant to sound negative just more of input on the comment that mcx has no adjust-ability. I always hear the comment that mcx is only gas and go and can not be tuned. That is not completely true.

Alot of set ups can benefit from a system like yours, look forward to seeing it perform.

Happy powing!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Neil,

So for an MCX kit, what would be the cost? It already has the injectors and such.

Thanks
I will PM you a price for just the controller and a couple other small things you would probably need. I really have to get my hands on some MCX sleds soon just to check them out and make sure I can drive the injectors. I'm sure it won't be an issue. My fuel controller would also tell you what the injectors are running for duty cycle on the MC injectors.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I have had alot of inquiries regarding using 450cc injectors that people already have installed in their sled. Alpine and Impulse were using these injectors, and I completely understand why most people would simply like to use these rather than buy new ones. Well good news! I am having an injector boss built that will house these injectors. The new boss will be smaller and more compact than the style I am currently using. It will just be a matter of modifying the injector harness with the ends you are currently using. This should save almost 300.00 from the kit price for the people that already have these.:face-icon-small-coo
I also have new fuel rail flo-thru ends for the people who need them. This makes the installation of this system very simple.

sled parts 011.jpg

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
So the only thing next Neil is the Apex,The Nytro is rocking .. We should be riding in a month or less in Stewart and would be a great place in deep snow to tune the apex, we should plan something out. The one thing that was brought up in conversation about this system is, " What if the box gets wet and fails is there a re flash that can be done and warranty"? I got say Cheers buddy great option for all of us for fueling with our turbos.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
So the only thing next Neil is the Apex,The Nytro is rocking .. We should be riding in a month or less in Stewart and would be a great place in deep snow to tune the apex, we should plan something out. The one thing that was brought up in conversation about this system is, " What if the box gets wet and fails is there a re flash that can be done and warranty"? I got say Cheers buddy great option for all of us for fueling with our turbos.
The way the weather has been, you guys could be riding in a couple weeks.:face-icon-small-con
Good question. Water probably would hurt the electronics. The box comes somewhat sealed with silicone and I modify the adjustment knobs and add o-rings between the knobs and the box. Once the fuel controller is in the Pelican case, the only way it could get wet, is if the sled was upside down in water. After testing in June, i washed the sleds with a pressure washer and sprayed the box on purpose to see if it would get wet. When I opened the Pelican case, the box was completely dry...not a drop. So if does it's job. You could also mount the box anywhere. It is best if it's on the bars so it is more easily adjustable, and you can see the lights for injector duty cycle.

I would be in to some early season testing. Keep me updated on the conditions.

Premium Features