• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200T - Mountain Version

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Here's a few pictures of our project.
Thanks to Lynn Felker (Felker Motorsports of Loveland, Colorado), Brooke and Calvin for all of the hard work in building it!

CLICKY: 1200T 163"

Highlights:

- 485lbs Dry
- Powderlites Stage II, Polar primary
- Hurricane Built Motor
- Holz Suspension (163x3"), WSC spindles
- Avid Drivers & Case
- Lots of goodies & custom work.

- track was very heavy + 22lbs
- C3 CF chassis could drop another XX lbs. next season.

- Not quite done yet, venting to come and Hurricane fuel pump too.
- skis are placeholders; PowderPro's.

Break-in miles will be done this weekend. (~10hrs)

MtnDoo.

More Pics (clicky):
Front
Front Right
Left
Tunnel back
Avid
Gage1
Gage2
BOOST!
Front
Rear Suspension
Drivers
STM
Airbox
front1
front2
hindle1
left1
left2
left3
Right1
STM Brace

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
WatchThis!!! - Headlight blanks are from a 600rs.

XP Summit - XP bodywork was not a problem once the suitcase was gone, and using a Polar clutch. Bulkhead is same for XR & XP. If you tell PL you're doing XP, they'll change the cooler and charge tube for you.

;-)

MD.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
It came in lighter than we expected - shop weighed it today w/ 5gal fuel, 1.5gal coolant, and not sure how much oil. In that state is was 540lbs incl fluids as described above. So, we calculated about 485lbs dry, give or take - yes, including all of that metal! I suspect if/when we move it to a C3 chassis & bits, possibly a lighter track we'll be back down to XP expectations.....but with real power.

;-)

MD.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
<<Motley Doo: gotta tell us.....boost #'s and HP #'s! >>

Boost will be run at 12-18lbs. (9 for break-in miles)
Estimated HP should be around 350 give or take. (no dyno)
Stage I kits were running just below 300HP.

Hurricane Performance did a lot of work to the motor including ductile iron sleeves, larger head studs, deck, o-ring, JE Pistons, and a ton of work on the head. They're working on better fueling now too.

So, once we get it dialed in, it's made run the bigger boost numbers.

MD.

Last edited:
M

MR. TWO LITRE

Oct 25, 2008
heres a 1200 xp with 174 3 inch .powder lites stage 2,lite wieght front end.wieghd 572 lbs full of fuel extra belt and tools.:face-icon-small-hapsled1.jpgsled2.jpgsled 3.jpgsled4.jpg

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Very nice Mr. two-litre!

The fellas at TSS & C3 sure set the bar for light weight pretty high.
I've left a lot of possible weight savings on the table at this point, but it's just our 1st pass doing a 1200T. We'll do some revisions after the season.

;-)

Brycter - the good thing was that I sold two sleds (Nytro & race sled) and that covered the donor sled and the turbo kit, so the rest was the "real" cost. Hence not too concerning to the family CFO.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Thanks!

I figured since we're going to push the motor to higher HP(stage II, III..), why not use a brace that does two things that are probably needed. Its a complete billet alum tower and brace. Just a brace can be had for much less. They make nice stuff.

MD.

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
I am curious, how do you like the 163"x3" track? Is it a significant difference over a 2.25 and is it worth the weight? I will be swapping out my 5.1 at some point and considering the 3" if it is that much better or just eliminating some weight and going with a PC even if it is a cat track. By the way... Nice sled.. I think that it should be a blast to ride..Enjoy.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
PGTDragon,

Jury's out on the 3" until I get some time on it in the deep. My biggest concern is the weight penalty. I thought about porting it, but figured we'd see how it hooks up in the fluff first. Obviously we can spin it, but it adds 22lbs over a 2.25 or 2.5 if I recall correctly. If it is not notably better, I'll drop back to a 2.25 and save the weight. I just couldnt stomach the thought of the 174" - length, weight... I still want the sled to turn, and 163 is big to me (always been a 151/154 type). Our hope is that it proves to be an advantage with the increased paddle area.

MD.

Last edited:
Premium Features