• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

After market oil tank for nytro

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Would like to get some imput on how many people would be interested in my new after market oil tank. Tank is internally baffled like stock tank. Made from .120 alum. Fittings are cnc'd and all hand tig welded. Pics are of my prototype I run on my t-nytro Thanks Sledhead162 PM me for details

IMGA0395.jpg IMGA0396.jpg IMGA0397.jpg

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So what are the advantages of your tank?? What is wrong with the stock tank?

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
Include a real dipstick that can actually be read and a one way valve in the vent tube and I would be all over it.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Just ride without your side cover, that'll help cool both your oil....... and your brake rotor. Give the guy a break. He has just improved upon something that has been a problem since day one.

Exactly. It has been an issue that should have never been an issue. Only thing i see is that top fitting looks to be plastic. Id like to see that a brass or stainless steel fitting

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Exactly. It has been an issue that should have never been an issue. Only thing i see is that top fitting looks to be plastic. Id like to see that a brass or stainless steel fitting
This is my prototype tank I planned on doing a weld in alum. fitting or a brass 90 out the top thanks Sledhead162

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
You should put some fins on it to cool the oil, that would be trick.
I thought about doing the fins on it for cooling the oil also but i would not think it would have enough constant air flow around it to make that big of temp diff. Thanks Sledhead162

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Looks good Sledhead. I'd put my vote in for just welding in a bung on the top. then you can use replaceable fittings if they do break for whatever reason plus you can turn them anyway in case of future mods that might make you want to re route some hoses.

C

chevota84

Oct 5, 2008
Include a real dipstick that can actually be read and a one way valve in the vent tube and I would be all over it.
I was wondering about the vent in the oil tank, I was looking at one and it seems to be a pretty large fitting. Are they designed to be part of the P.C.V. system? It seems like it would be overkill for the amount of air that would be vented out of the oil tank.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Would like to get some imput on how many people would be interested in my new after market oil tank. Tank is internally baffled like stock tank. Made from .082 alum. Fittings are cnc'd and all hand tig welded. Pics are of my prototype I run on my t-nytro Thanks Sledhead162 PM me for details

nice start. i've been dealin w/ a leaky/cracked tank for the couple seaons i've had my nytro.
definately would be interested in somethin like this.
i'd like the idea of an adjustable angle on the 'vent' too. so it works with my oil catch setup a bit better.

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Thanks for you guys who have gave me some input on the tanks im going to make a batch up should be ready to ship in a week or so depending on the cnc'd fittings PM me and ill make a list of you guy who want them when they are ready. I will take custom orders for an additional charge. Thanks sledhead162

Premium Features