• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remembering Animal......

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Five years ago today this world lost a good man and great friend! Those of us who were there had our lives altered in many ways that day. We, his friends, do not forget him and mourn still. However, today I want us to remember the goodness of Dave. He was likely one of the most giving, open, and loving men I ever knew. He was a true friend to so many. This world is better because he was here! Let's not forget the goodness that exists in this world, as it seems we have so much of the negative thrust down our throats. Try to be an Animal today!

Miss you my brother!

RIP August 23, 1962 - January 8, 2005

image.php

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
RIP Animal and to all our fallen friends. Let us never forget the lessons we have learned.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I'm thinking of you guys in Utah today:heart: I don't even want to think about how this affected you guys. Sure wish I would have found snowest when Animal was around.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
TTT

Great Post SS, Although i never met Dave face to face you can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep. I have meet many of his braddas and you are all GREAT peeps.:beer;

Cheers to a Great Man!:wine:

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
TTT

Great Post SS, Although i never met Dave face to face you can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep. I have meet many of his braddas and you are all GREAT peeps.:beer;

Cheers to a Great Man!:wine:

Boss I was just thinking the same thing....and I haven't met any of you guys. It's pretty amazing the amount of love you can pcik up on a 4m that Animal and his friends had and have for each other and the sledding population in general.

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Here ya go Ken....
Cooking dinner for all the peeps!
Cabin-Host.gif

Bustin' it....January 7, 2009....what a great day!
Animal.jpg

Dave and Freak.....Fairview
FreakandAnimaljumping.jpg

Indian Guts Poker....front to left (Me, Ryan (FlyinRyan), Corey (ccpowder), Dave (Animal), Julie (Juli), Julio (Julio)...background my buddy Russ (our photog for the weekend)
Indian-Poker.gif

image.php

Last edited:
J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Hard to think and imagine that one day you are living life to the fullest and have it by the horns and the next mother nature has claimed you.:(

Definitely makes one consider their riding habits.

RIP Animal knowing that you are loved and remembered and cared about by so many:beer;

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
As I laid my head down last night I started having all these memories, the good ones! the first time ever meeting Dave was in Island Park 2003 (or '02??). We walked into his cabin and he YELLS "COYOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and comes across the rooms to give me a hug and picks me up! At the time I was a bit nervous thinking "WHO is this crazy man?" lol But soon realized he was the most wonderful crazy man! heheheeeeeeeee

Here's another great memory. He TRULY opened up his cabin and arms to people, so much that big tough guys felt comfy curling up in pink blankets to watch some videos......
tiredcrew.jpg

I see an orange in this picture........
dave.jpg

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Yesterday - it still seems like we lost Dave yesterday...

Great post. Animal will forever live in our hearts.

Rich

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Nothing but Honor and Respect from SH and GP for a Great Man taken way too early in life.:heart:

His loss has pulled a lot of peeps together. Knowing him or not seems to have added more education and created a strong life long bond among many. Therefore he lives everyday in all of us.

Thanks Dave.;):beer;

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I never knew Dave, but if you ever spent much time on the forum you can't help but feel like you KNOW him. Thanks to everybody for their great posts and helping some of us get to know the man. God bless him and his family. A great man is always identified by the company he keeps.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I never knew Dave, but if you ever spent much time on the forum you can't help but feel like you KNOW him. Thanks to everybody for their great posts and helping some of us get to know the man. God bless him and his family. A great man is always identified by the company he keeps.

X2 I have read a lot about Animal and just wish that i would have been lucky enough to get to know him and hang out at the cabin that he had. A guy like him is the reason why I enjoy getting on Snowest to hopefully learn about fellow sledders and make some friends from this Site.

The pictures look great it's nice to finally put a face with the name!! and his Avatar is classic!! LOL.

A big thanks goes out to everyone on here for remembering Animal and reminding us why we all love sledding and Snowest so much!!!!

Premium Features