• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone running a Mountain Performance Super charger on a Nytro

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Yes i agree in the past it was bad but now i am here to turn things around and it has been going well.

We build a top notch product and now have the support to back it up.

At least give me a chance.

Thanks Guys

Contact ME with any questions

Heath
888-649-4609

LMAO, we've heard this so often you guys should consider this as your new slogan. After 4 years or so of the same apologys and assurances its getting a bit old. Plus, I suggest that if you actually did build a top notch product, you'd have a lot less need to be on here constantly defending the performance of both your product and your company.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry for answering a question with another question, but, do you really think that so many on Sno-west are making negative comments about your product and support because of some underlying reason other than the frustration that so many of us have endured trying to make this product something that we could enjoy ? If so, what would you suggest is the motivation of negative posters ?

Y

Yamamauler

Nov 27, 2007
Maple Valley, WA
www.FTXMOTORSPORTS.com
I need to toss my $0.02 in.
I was having issues with my SC Apex over a 3 week time frame, chasing down a stutter issue. I was on the phone several times with MPI and so was Curt at FASTRAX looking for any angles that may be causing the issue. I ended up sending my fuel box in twice to have it checked and updated. Both times it was returned quickly (once to have the box checked and once to have a wire repaired that I pulled loose).
The 3 times I was on the phone with MPI it was a positve experience. Curt & Heath ended up figuring out the issue which was unrelated to MPI.

Y

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
Abit OT but:

I contacted heath at MPI through mail, I'm Swedish and my English isn't the best so I prefer mail contact.
Wanted to place a order for some small stuff, that only they provide. Got three (3) mail responded and everything was OK he said. Then when I wanted to place the order he didn't reply, now 3 mail later not a single reply.....

Hate to run their products when I can't get any spares and it ruins my season :(

B
Nov 26, 2007
I feel your pain. They make a one kind product and sell it while it's "hot". When the next big thing comes along they dump it and the customer support that goes with it! They make the parts as they go and carry no spares and stop making them all together. Consumers beware!

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Gotta add my 2 cents here

I bought a stage 2 SC in the beginning of 2007 for my Apex, Installed and enjoyed, however it pulled like a SOB then up on the top RPM ALWAYS hit a wall. SC serves well in a drag race application. setup for one elevation!

NOW...i went up to the mountains climbed from 2K - 7K had NOTHING but issues, fuel controllers, belts the list goes on and on and on, 2 seasons with that SC and 250 miles.... I bought a second sled so I could ride when that thing was broke down!!!!!!!
I had a buddy that ram a 230hp MCX turbo, i always pulled him outta the hole by one length...and he was gone! and he rode without issues!!!!
Now customer service absolutely blew back then...I pulled off the $7K SC and had a turbo installed, gave the SC away for $2500...cause no one wanted it!!!!!
Trust me when I say this it would be a cold day in F***** hell B4 I bought another thing from MPI...might be harsh but my attitude is the same as theirs was too me.
There is a good reason you simply dont see superchargers climbing shoots!
if your gunna boost you HAVE to be turbo'd!
My opinion of course...

B

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
Thanks for everyones 2 cents

But this is now and this is why i am here making things better People grow from mistakes and change based on what needs changed and here we are.

So this is now and We and here to serve everyone.

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
I bought a stage 2 SC in the beginning of 2007 for my Apex, Installed and enjoyed, however it pulled like a SOB then up on the top RPM ALWAYS hit a wall. SC serves well in a drag race application. setup for one elevation!

NOW...i went up to the mountains climbed from 2K - 7K had NOTHING but issues, fuel controllers, belts the list goes on and on and on, 2 seasons with that SC and 250 miles.... I bought a second sled so I could ride when that thing was broke down!!!!!!!
I had a buddy that ram a 230hp MCX turbo, i always pulled him outta the hole by one length...and he was gone! and he rode without issues!!!!
Now customer service absolutely blew back then...I pulled off the $7K SC and had a turbo installed, gave the SC away for $2500...cause no one wanted it!!!!!
Trust me when I say this it would be a cold day in F***** hell B4 I bought another thing from MPI...might be harsh but my attitude is the same as theirs was too me.
There is a good reason you simply dont see superchargers climbing shoots!
if your gunna boost you HAVE to be turbo'd!
My opinion of course...

B

I assume your sled was a stage 1 we did have belt issues on stage 1s which is now taken care of. Stage 1 apex has no comparrason with a turbo.

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
again

I assume your sled was a stage 1 we did have belt issues on stage 1s which is now taken care of. Stage 1 apex has no comparrason with a turbo.

Stage 2, blower and the new fangled belts (carbon fiber i believe)
ran straight 110 octane with 14lbs boost (if im remembering correctly)
outta the hole hard and hit a wall...everytime
many..many...many!!! hours and 2 seasons worth of my time, not to mention hours and hours on a track dyno.clutching and dialing in the fuel! bad boxes! (probably about $10K spent by the time i ripped the thing off) arrgghhh just makes me mad thinkin about it again!!!
I can honestly say after riding for 15 years in the mountains I have never seen one work out here...PERIOD!

my 3 cents

C
Thanks for everyones 2 cents

But this is now and this is why i am here making things better People grow from mistakes and change based on what needs changed and here we are.

So this is now and We and here to serve everyone.

And I still had to get my seat from someone else. It's the principle. I was told the seat was in stock when it wasn't, was sent the wrong seat anyway then had to pay for them to take back there mistake. Just my 35 dollars worth.

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
My nytro on 22 psi sure runs flawless and reliable as stock.

Sounds like you guys have a tuning issue did all these sleds have widebands?

You guys dont seem to be willing to let me help but at least im trying.

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
And I still had to get my seat from someone else. It's the principle. I was told the seat was in stock when it wasn't, was sent the wrong seat anyway then had to pay for them to take back there mistake. Just my 35 dollars worth.

What seat is this for?

We have not carried seats in years?

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
Stage 2, blower and the new fangled belts (carbon fiber i believe)
ran straight 110 octane with 14lbs boost (if im remembering correctly)
outta the hole hard and hit a wall...everytime
many..many...many!!! hours and 2 seasons worth of my time, not to mention hours and hours on a track dyno.clutching and dialing in the fuel! bad boxes! (probably about $10K spent by the time i ripped the thing off) arrgghhh just makes me mad thinkin about it again!!!
I can honestly say after riding for 15 years in the mountains I have never seen one work out here...PERIOD!

my 3 cents

Did you consult us for help?
I apologize about the bad boxes however we do not manufacture those. They are the same box that would come with a turbo kit.

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
I feel your pain. They make a one kind product and sell it while it's "hot". When the next big thing comes along they dump it and the customer support that goes with it! They make the parts as they go and carry no spares and stop making them all together. Consumers beware!

We still sell lots of RX1 and Old Vector supercharger kits we have everyparts for a supercharger kit we have ever built on the shelf.

We build in quanity of 50 everytime we build products.

Im confused about this entire statement? Anything specific

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
We still sell lots of RX1 and Old Vector supercharger kits we have everyparts for a supercharger kit we have ever built on the shelf.

Well as for all the 2smokers..?:confused:

B
Nov 26, 2007

Do you know how many guys can't get a modded chaincase for their MPI tunnels? Took me close to 2 years!!! And I was filled with aboslute B.S. every time I called to check your progress! Mack went to the races. Mack doesn't have time. We thought we had parts but we don't. I'll make sure they are done this weekeend. blah blah blah. What about your rails, traliing arms, brackets ect. bend or break one of them we are screwed... Still confused?

Premium Features