• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody else not get their hand guards with their snowcheck?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Just got word that for what ever reason they did not go out with the mountain sleds. They will be sending them out on the next couple weeks. Check back with your dealer.

CrazyBill

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2011
Indiana
I did not but I immediately take them off anyways. No loss to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I did not but I immediately take them off anyways. No loss to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Second that!! Pretty much worthless on a mountain sled that gets rolled and then rolled and then rolled again. After a day, there either bent or broke or ready to break.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Get them if you can, then sell them on E-bay :) I always ask them to not install them so they are still new in the package.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Second that!! Pretty much worthless on a mountain sled that gets rolled and then rolled and then rolled again. After a day, there either bent or broke or ready to break.

Nope.

I got a finger throttle and aim through branches. I got tired of bloody knuckles. And roll my sled frequently.

All you tough guys that don't want them, shoot me a pm and I'll remove your burden.

Of course I've never broken a set so I only need one pair :D

edit: hey wait, you're an ambassador now! You're probably rolling in the things. Hook a brother up! I'll sing the praises of polaris branded handguards. We're like a team!

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Ha ha, I wish it was that easy!!!

If you're running a finger throttle, then I understand but......I think I would be running something better. Basically a full wrap handguard like a Barkbusters set or something like them.

With your setup I would definitely want to have the proper protection!!!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...MIxeOEjqPQ3gIVj4dpCh2tZwtFEAQYBSABEgIcD_D_BwE

Nope.

I got a finger throttle and aim through branches. I got tired of bloody knuckles. And roll my sled frequently.

All you tough guys that don't want them, shoot me a pm and I'll remove your burden.

Of course I've never broken a set so I only need one pair :D

edit: hey wait, you're an ambassador now! You're probably rolling in the things. Hook a brother up! I'll sing the praises of polaris branded handguards. We're like a team!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I've been running flipped throttles for about 10 years. It mostly faces down so even handguards don't do much. I've run them for years with nothing in front of them.

I had a buddy last year who rode my sled and then bought one. Of course he put it facing straight horizontal and forward. That was hilarious watching him get pulled into a tree well and get it pinned against a branch.

I rolled up and am like "why you so aggro bro?" :D

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
Polaris said "RMK and SKS snowmobiles ordered with short windshield option were equipped with hand guards. This was incorrect. These snowmobiles were not intended to come with hand guards nor were they equipped with hand guards within the PDI setup boxes. "

cgfire

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Eastern Oregon
Maybe they should buck up and do the right thing and send out the hand guards. My snowcheck confirmation has them on there. They did it in the past. If someone just forgot, so be it, make it right.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I never questioned it when I stopped by my dealer to look at my 850, but he told me polaris is shipping them separate and I would be getting them. He said for some reason they didn't ship with the snowchecks. I would guess this is the case with most if not all???

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The hand guard mounts (cast aluminum) shatter at the slightest tap.

Why would anyone want those pieces of crap?

Consider yourself lucky you don’t have scratches on your crossbar from the high school age PDI kid indifferently attaching the guards.

Premium Features