• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Track Clearance

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
I have a new 2016 M8000 carryover sled which only has about 90 miles on it now. Checked things over and noticed the track was pulled to the left side, so adjusted the track which brought the slide rails to the center of the track windows towards the rear but the track was still pulled to the left towards the front. Then noticed that the track is actually rubbing slightly on the left side up in the tunnel causing some fraying of the track. Anyone had this from a new sled? Not sure how to get the track to move a little to the right on the drivers...even the driver cogs are up against the right edge of the track windows since the track is pulled to the left.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
your drivers might not be aligned correctly see if you can find a second sled to measure from to see. also the fraying is normal for the cat track even if it doesn't rub.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
this kinda frustrated me on my new 17 last year but i just align it as the book says and forget about whats going on up front, havent had any troubles.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Older sleds had concentric bearing with a collar that could be improperly set up, The M or diamond drive used bolts, bolt up the diamond side then tighten the brake side, this process would center shaft, The proclimb use C-clips, so essentially the shaft will move maybe a 1/16 of inch side to side since you are not using any kind of fastener, So if drive cogs are that far off it has to be the in alignment of the drivers. You should be able to get a center to center and measurement from chain case to center to compare to another. Also aligning the rear I use a tape measure to make sure each bolt is exactly the same length (that is the way is should be).

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
I'll have to get a comparison from another sled like you mentioned. Never have had a sled this far off and I've been buying sleds since 1978. Making a trip this week and will just watch it, don't think it will be a show stopper.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I have a new 2016 M8000 carryover sled which only has about 90 miles on it now. Checked things over and noticed the track was pulled to the left side, so adjusted the track which brought the slide rails to the center of the track windows towards the rear but the track was still pulled to the left towards the front. Then noticed that the track is actually rubbing slightly on the left side up in the tunnel causing some fraying of the track. Anyone had this from a new sled? Not sure how to get the track to move a little to the right on the drivers...even the driver cogs are up against the right edge of the track windows since the track is pulled to the left.

One of the guys changed his drivers on his 16 to 8 tooth and found the oem drivers weren't pressed exactly right. Could be your issue I would take it back if it's under warranty.

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Have a trip this week so I think I am just going to watch it, I think it will be Ok. Have to see what it looks like when I get back, if nothing has changed I was intending to upgrade to the 8 Tooth drivers myself unless it looks like there might be something else going on that has the alignment off. Most say the 8T is a little tight but a good upgrade.

Premium Features