• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Its crazy...Yamaha with all the resources and what do we have for 2015 from Polaris...a 857cc one ski...and Ski-doo a direct injection 777cc three cylinder....and nothing new from Yamaha...

willikers..

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Hey, don't drag me into this.

Ill be the first to tell guys, ride what you have now. If they are coming out with a factory turbo 4 stroke that weighs 417 lbs for 2015 what are you going to do about it today? Nothing.....can't get it until November this fall anyway. You will see all the hot new stuff tomorrow from Yamaha.

not sure how you can take that the wrong way i even put the lol guys at the end:pound::pound:. just thought it was funny how you & cris ,the guys with the inside info are telling us how great next years sled & the year after sled will be so great when we have not seen the 2015 yet.it really does not matter to me what comes out,i still like & ride my 08 nitro,i just find all the speculation stuff funny.in the end yammi will do what they always do,build what they think will make then money, not what we as mtn sledders want.its been a slow day at work & its snowing so these threads keep me:face-icon-small-hap

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
not sure how you can take that the wrong way i even put the lol guys at the end:pound::pound:. just thought it was funny how you & cris ,the guys with the inside info are telling us how great next years sled & the year after sled will be so great when we have not seen the 2015 yet.it really does not matter to me what comes out,i still like & ride my 08 nitro,i just find all the speculation stuff funny.in the end yammi will do what they always do,build what they think will make then money, not what we as mtn sledders want.its been a slow day at work & its snowing so these threads keep me:face-icon-small-hap

Actually I think you are wrong. Yamaha realized with the dismal number of sleds sold they could not make enough money on sleds.....so they decided to build rock solid sleds to get you to buy other Yamaha products. Worked too didn't it? I mean would you buy a Polaris motorcycle?

And the obvious question if they couldn't make enough money why not just quit? My opinion on that, it's not the Japanese way to quit.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
And the obvious question if they couldn't make enough money why not just quit? My opinion on that, it's not the Japanese way to quit.

and they still take the trouble to make a sled when they don't care about the market or if they make money because they can still say..."we make a snowmobile and Honda doesn't"...and that is also the Japanese way...

Yamaha and Honda's bad blood goes back to motorcycle engine copyright issues 55/60 years ago.

Heck Honda just might make one sled with the only intent of it having Yamaha sell one less....

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho

Don't worry my man, I didn't take it offensive. I was just saying, don't shoot the messenger. Even if the message is in code. D_nt _ org_t to d_i_k yo_r _va_t_ _ e!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If Yamaha keeps waiting year after year to release their great sled, I think in a few years they might not have any customers.

You have to keep in mind that the mountain segment is NOT their primary focus. They are working the trail sled market segment.

We have happen to be the group that makes a lot of noise complaining about how we get treated like the red headed step children.

This year it looks like we get the MTX version of the Viper.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think everyone will be happy with the first edition of the Viper MTX.
Its a MAJOR step in the right direction for Yamaha.
HUGE step forward from the Nytro chassis, and LOTS of opportunity for us to Mod them and begin the refining/tuning process.

7 hours, 45 minutes and I get to release ALL the details.

feeze

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Regina, Saskatchewan
Viper MTX?

I think everyone will be happy with the first edition of the Viper MTX.
Its a MAJOR step in the right direction for Yamaha.
HUGE step forward from the Nytro chassis, and LOTS of opportunity for us to Mod them and begin the refining/tuning process.

I have been a Yamaha guy for many years now. All of my buddies have switched to either Doo's or Poo's.

Both my son's were Yamaha guys too, but last year I blew up my 14 year old's Supercharged Phazer (too much boost @ low elevation..my fault), and sold my 18 year old's 08 Nytro. Replace them with 2011 & 2012 Summit 154 x.

I still ride my bone stock 2010 Nytro.

Last spring I went on a trip to Chatter Creek by Golden, BC. This is a Cat-Skiing area, but they open it up for sledders the last three weeks. There is approx 30 room, which only allows max 60 sledders.

I was the only Yamaha there!

Took a lot of ribbon from everyone. I was called "Papa Smurf". I sluffed it off and explained to them that if they wanted to be better riders, they should jump on a Nytro and ride it for a day! No one took me up on my offer.

During this trip, I rode a couple of the "Doo's" and was so impressed with the agility and the power I snow check a 2014 Summit when I got home.

Ironically, when it came time to take the sled this year I backed out and my buddy took it, as my Yamaha Dealer told me that a new mountain sled is coming out in 2015.

Sorry about the long story, but the end result is...... If this 2015 is just an "MTX" version of the Viper with a 130HP Nytro engine.....I'm snow checking a "Doo"...again!

Feeze

Btw Christopher....we are going to be in your neighbourhood next week...Monday - Saturday...... Maybe will see you out there.

IMG-20130411-00168.jpg Nytro5.jpg

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I.

hmmm....so what contribution did Yamaha make to this sled if after spending
16 grand the making it into a snowmobile for the new owner just begins..??

willikers...I could sell London Bridge to you Yamaha guys...

Premium Features