• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling for a boycott of Sierra Trading Post

B

bigislandgrrl

Dec 17, 2010
Milliken, Colorado
Sierra Trading Post will no longer have me as a customer. No matter how much I love their curtains and wool sox. They support Winter Wildlands Alliance, a group who threatens all we hold dear. Please show your love for motorized sports and do not spend your money there! Dont let your wives spend money there! Tell your family and friends! NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF DEAL THEY HAVE GOING ON TREE HUGGER STUFF RIGHT NOW!!!

I am reposting the following from Colorado Snowmobile Associations Facebook page, Please show SLED WARRIORS your support folks! :cheer2: :

Attention CSA Clubs and members:

As many of you are aware there are two lawsuits being heard and decided in Idaho that have the potential to severely affect snowmobiling in the west as we know it. One lawsuit filed by the Winter Wildlands Alliance against the United State Forest Service contends that the Travel Management Rule has a loophole that should be closed as it relates to snowmobiles and cross country travel, i.e., force travel management to restrict snowmobiles to trails and roads, disallowing cross country travel on public lands. The Idaho State Snowmobile Association intervened on behalf of the Forest Service. The second lawsuit filed by the Idaho State Snowmobile Association against the United States Forest Service disputing the management protocol dictating that Recommended Wilderness Areas be managed as designated Wilderness (a direct violation of the Wilderness Act of 1964).

A group of enthusiasts created a group named SLED WARRIORS for the sole purpose of getting the word out about these and other threats to the sport and help collect funding for these precedent setting legal battles.

The Colorado Snowmobile Association has already sent financial support to the cause and has a link on our website to the SLED WARRIORS website where you can donate and buy merchandise to support the cause individually. Now another opportunity for our clubs and members to participate in donating to this very worthy cause has been offered up.

The Routt Powder Riders in Steamboat Springs has already set aside $1,000 of their club funds to send to SLED WARRIORS and they have challenged the rest of the clubs in the state to raise additional donations. They have generously agreed to match up to another $5,000 donated to the cause by the clubs in the states and their members. The challenge will be active until April 1. What an exciting opportunity – sending $11,000 plus from Colorado snowmobilers to our neighbors who are gallantly waging this all important battle.

Clubs, please consider passing the hat at your next meeting and matching what your members give, or donating some of the winter fundraising proceeds, or hold a special fundraiser just for this. If all of the clubs in the state donate at least $150 each, we can reach that $5,000 very easily. Send your donation check (made out to CSA) to CSA Admin Manager, Jeanna Whipple, 325 River Rock Drive, Johnstown, CO 80534(this gives you the opportunity to deduct your donation since CSA is a 501(c)3)and we will send one check to the Routt Powder Riders when all has been collected. Routt Powder Riders will then send the whole donation to Idaho in all of your names.

We, at CSA, cannot emphasize the importance of the work being done by ISSA. It is imperative that these threats to the sport we love and live for be struck down. We have every reason to believe that Colorado could be next if these threats are not thwarted.

You can email me at kukuk@fone.net or Ed Calhoun, president of RPR at ecalhoun55@gmail.com with questions or comments. Let’s make this a very successful effort from Colorado.

Janelle Kukuk
Land Use Chair

K
Dec 25, 2007
Thanks! thats good to know..no surprise thats where they stand. there is a STpost outlet store in Reno that I never liked much anyway.
I wonder if the support is given at a corporate level or from individual stores?
Awhile back I brought up that 'Sheels' was on the sponor list for 'snowlands network' and suggested sledders avoid them/complain..I noticed that snolands doesnt publish the names of their sponsors on their site anymore..I suppose theirs and others sponsor lists would have to be disclosed if you requested it, being a nonprofit?.

Premium Features