• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

McCall Idaho March 4th, 2012

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Quick video for the weekend. This was a kids ride weekend so the video isn't filled with awesome chute climbs, wicked cornice drops and complete carnage. But they had a blast.

The better parts of the video are at 2:00, 2:15 and 4:30.

Enjoy, the kids had a blast.

Thunder

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bWRw9gsvgvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saddle sore

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Colbert WA
Nice Video. My friend and I are taking our sons to McCall this weekend for the first time. What are the good safe fun area's to take them too?

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Are you staying in McCall?

If so I would just head out of town up along the lake to the parking lot and follow the groomed trails. Their are some tail maps around town.

If you stay around the groomed trails you will be in good areas, nothing to serious but easy enough for all riding levels. And you can play along the way to whatever level you want.

Overall it a great area for everyone. Not really a bad spot anywhere.

I know not much help. But really user friendly area.

Thunder

Saddle sore

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Colbert WA
We are staying at the Western Mountain Lodge. Thanks for the info. Any little bit helps. If we did not have our kids we would up for an adventure. My son (turning 14 on Saturday) has lot's of experience but is like a dog on a chain. I have to keep a tight grip on him or he will get himself in a lot of trouble. My buddys son has only rode a couple time's in the field. It looks like there should be some good snow down there this weekend. My son and I are leaving early Friday morning and hoping to get down there by noon and get a few hours in. the other guy's don't get in until Friday night. I'm looking at the map and wandering if the Francis Wallace Parking Lot is a good spot to ride from? If not which one do you recommend?

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
That is the lot I ride out of most of the time. It's 9 miles up to the goose lake road and lots of playing along the way. I think they groom this route on Saturday nights so it might be wooped out a bit on Friday. But you don't have to stay on the trail. When you get to the Y take a left, head out past goose lake, endless riding both sides of the road. You will notice the snowcat ski group has posted both sides of the road and it's kind of a shared use on the groomed trails. We try and stay off their hills so they will leave us alone in the other areas. Once you get past the lake it's wide open at that point. Good luck and you will enjoy the area.

Thunder

Premium Features