• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX 180 Update

T

theflamanguy

Dec 29, 2007
Martensville
Yeah i guess I'll give it another try,, and no the snow isnt blocking anything where its mounted,,I just don't think the rod is adjusted in far enough yet,,I'll try 6 turns like ya said,,thanks again,,,think I'm gonna try a head shimm and injectors on 12psi,,came all this way with it my as well i was figuring:face-icon-small-sho

Some of us may have different units as well Evil....there is 3 of us here on the prairies that put on the kits and we are all 13-14 full turns out from full seat on the WG rod....not the 6 or 7 that Sherm is reporting. I have about 700kms on my kit now with no probs and consistently hitting 6-7 psi on the gauge for 1700 feet

We recieved our kits in January and were part of the December shipment.

The WG rod on mine was set at 6 turns out from the factory and i am now 13!!!:face-icon-small-coo

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
interesting but some suttle changes in the rod maybe the factor,,i have manually stroked mine from rest to full stroke and have discovered some binding,,the rod has a slight bend in it and if it is not set right it binds so i twisted mine in the vaccuum pot so it does not bind any more but i did note changes in boost over time so i think threw vibration the rod turns and binds again in the linkage to the wastegate arm,,also heat may make tolerances tighter,,so i'm still investigating this theory,,only problem is now i know what 15-20 psi feels like,,,well 6-7 psi seems kinda boring,,lol..i had some awesome riding in valemont the last weekend for four days,,and the sled works great in powder,,it will never stop climbing or paddling but the overall speed could be better,,I'm seeing 70 kms on the clock on a long climb although my rpm is a little low at 8300,,,so with that said boost would be better if i could get the rpms where they should be. I'm running the shockwave secondary but overall had alot of fun and didnt try tuning the clutching to get my rpm to peak. all that said my boost is inconsistant from what i've observed,,and that only plays to my theory that i have some linkage issues. sherm this thread is working great,,,lets keep the communication goin...where do you ride??

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Real weird! I did notice on the last kit I installed that the wastegate lever was bent down quite a bit more than what mine was in the original kit. I checked the play on it and it does not bind where its at so left it and its been working great. The boost at our level (about 1100') is a solid 5 psi with the odd 6 showing up, but I find running the sled up on a stand just don't cut it! But, up on the hills, after I remind the guys to adjust their guage via backing the screw out, all our sleds are pushing that 9-10 psi at alititude so they are all pretty much bang on. Last weekend up at Blue we had the best snow yet, 2-3' of fresh stuff and the only thing making tracks anywhere were the turbos! The 2 strokes had to poach our tracks all day to get where we went, kinda nice for a change! evil1, usually ride Blue or else Eagles, depending which has more snow and which has less avy's! Sherm

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
Great thread here.... I thought I would throw it back to the top for the season!:present:

E

evil1

Aug 7, 2008
fort mcmurray, alberta,canada
Right on Keithcat,,theres still plenty to dicuss here fersure,,be heading out in a few weeks see how its running this year,,last ride in valemont this spring,,I still could'nt get my boost to behave properly,,very frustrated,,met some guys at the edmonton sled show going threw same deal,,there is now a boost gage and control all in one that u can adjust digitally to limit the max boost,,thinkn on lookin into one of those for the first ride,,i've gone and purchased the upgrade to 240,,but wont get it in till after new year!!

Premium Features