• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 XRS. what do I need to do??

W

wazzusummit

Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick, WA
I am purchasing a 2007 xrs with a 159. ( motor is completely stock)the sled has 2800 miles and has all the updates. All it has done to it aftermarket is a HPS can. what do I need to look at maintenance wise? Also what are some good after market things I can do to it? I heard the track is garbage also?? Lastly I have a set of ported jugs off of a 05 rev will these jugs work on the 07 rev? Also I have a set of v force reeds off the 05? thanks fellas

K

kodpkd

Nov 28, 2007
Loveland, CO
If it has a challenge lite track.... Get a different track... If you ride alot of spring snow,,,, and not that deep,, it will be ok... In the deep & steep... not that good.. I had a XRS... Loved the sled... the second best sled made.. If you can find a Mavrick 162 track,,,, Put it on... It works VERY well... Best in the sodt deep snow.. As a side benifit,,, very fast in 10 in of snow..

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
Reeds will work, dont thing the cyls will work for you. Can is a good one. I would do a compression test and if its good just run it. I have a diff track, big bore, and some lightweight stuff and she rips. ran great to with the same set up you have now and some clutchin.

W

wazzusummit

Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick, WA
To do the 162. Do I have to get an axle offset or something to extend it?? Should I do an aftermarket head?? I got a SLP head off my 05 also?

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
A lot of the '07's had problems with the primary clutch being made wrong. The RPM's would not be consistant in different conditions. The update on the clutch was not a fix. If RPM's hold steady your fine, but if not then the entire primary clutch need replaced.

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Before swapping the track I would evaluate the snow conditions you ride in. I ride in probably the worst snow conditions in the lower 48 and the track works great here. Also on a trip to (Idaho)REAL powder last year I found the track to work quite well and not trench to much at all.

Clutching can be resolved with some of the clutch kits out on the market. I last year used the Supertorquer set up and had a fair to good response with that. This year I am making some more clutching changes going with Tom's Snowmobile setup and also changing exhaust systems from stock to Straightline Perfomance Ypipe, Pipe and Can. Late last year I did change over the front shocks to the Fox Float Evo R and WOW well worth the $$$

Otherwise ride the Son of a B pull the rip cord its a great ride.

W

wazzusummit

Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick, WA
I ride mostly in powder when mother nature is nice to us snowmobilers. I am going to the snow show in puyallup this weekend so maybe I can get a track there. Im hoping I can anyways. The person I am buying the sled from said they had the clutch update done?? what does that consist of? thanks for all the info fellas!!

D
Oct 13, 2008
You will need either short rail extensions or an offset axel and a big wheel kit to go with the 162. I have my wifes sled set up with zbroz front end, slp head, y-pipe and can, 162 x 2.5 camo extreme and it rips. Also don't forget to vent it !!! and get the clutching dialed. The jugs off the 05 will not work as the 07 is a mono block.

Premium Features