• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro New Bar Setup

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Late last season I bent my Powermadd risers to in nice twisty pretzel fashion, then cracked the top of the stock riser block last ride of the year. So I'm looking to build a serious bar configuration that can withstand my ability to roll my sled 10-12 times every month or so.

I really only want 4" rise, but about 1-2" forward. I'm pretty set on ROX adjustable risers, with RSI pivot adapter, but now I'm thinking I should toss the stock steel bars since I think they are slightly bent anyways. Plus I think that RSI pivot will push the riser block out far enough it'll hit the curve of the stock bar. So what bar is everyone running? Suggestions? So far, I think the Fly SnoX Mountain bar looks pretty nice. Anyone running this bar? Likes/dislikes?

FL2009-0123.jpg

Thanks!

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I'm going with wildchilds relocation kit, using my current powermadd pivot adapter and going to run fly risers and the mini bars.

U

uzeste

Jan 20, 2008
Cold Lake AB
Just put on the wildchild relocation kit and also have a 2" pivot on top of stock riser. I am 6'7" and I'm going to love it.

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
If you want strong handlebars our Tapered are the strongest out there. Our riser are super strongh too. Print this message and save it. If you bend or break our products we will replace them right away. Of course if your sled tumnbling down a hill over rocks and slamming them is not warrantable. Nothing will hold up to that. Just ask Doc nesbo how rocks broke his crankshaft in two on his Apex.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
^^^ This dude right here makes awesome stuff. I ordered the whole RSI set up for my sled from my dealer, just waiting on the extended brake line, and over size clamp to get it together. I can see these bars are going to be strong.

Rsi tapered aluminum backcountry bend bars
Rsi tapered long hooks
Rsi high powered grip heaters
Rsi/odi 8" grips
Rsi barpad.

Should be nice whn it's all together.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Those RSI bars look nice, given I was planning on picking up the RSI pivot anyways think that'll be my route. I'll post up some pics and feedback when all is said and done.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
New bar setup is complete, I forgot I was going to post up pics, so sorry these are a little late. As if you were waiting.

Thanks to Ruffy for helping me wire up the kill switch and the new RSI hand warmers. Good stuff. Also, big thanks to Wade at RSI for hooking me up with the bars and stuff. Quality parts. Stoked to ride and see how much abuse they can take. I'm really good at wrecking.

Install was somewhat smooth, definitely didn't need the 8" grips, I ended up shaving 1" or so off the inside once I was done. The race bars are just a bit skinnier than stock, at least they seemed that way once I put all the controls on.

Took me a couple configurations to get my throttle cable right. In the end I got away without using an extension even at 5.5" height. Still need to mess with the adjustable risers some, but figured I'll fine tune it on the snow. Thats what they are for.

Here's what I ended up going with:

RSI Pivot
RSI Tapered Aluminum Handlebars Race Bend
RSI High Power Grip Heaters
RSI Mountain Handle
RSI 8" ODI Grips
ROX Wrenchless Adjustable Riser 4-5.5"
Gunnar Tether Kill Switch

20081119_142502_Fall2008-144.jpg

20081119_142514_Fall2008-145.jpg

20081119_142559_Fall2008-149.jpg

20081119_142545_Fall2008-148.jpg