• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air Intake Temp Sensor Relocate-14 HCR 800

R
Hey guys...
I am in need of some serious input, please and thank u!!!
Has anyone done the pipe sensor relocate? I know a lot of guys have.
BUT has anyone had problems with mapping with a Jaws pipe?
I have now spent just about 1.5 months(since the 1st bit of snow) screwing around with trying to map this thing, its is f$$$$$ impossible.
Too rich, too lean, popping, farting, bogging everything. Quitting in mid throttle. I have been thrown over the handles bars twice now because of a serious bog which was never there before. Thank god I bought a Tekvest this winter. Oh, off the back too once. Just can't tell if its lean or rich. Nothing I do helps
I have talked to Brent Linderman several times about mapping. He told me right away that if I do the relocate I will be rich..
I will be changing back that F$$$$$ sensor. Other than that, ran like a top last winter.
I am running a PCV, and POD 300, that it would be easier too. Haven't thrown a code.

Anyone????

Last edited:
F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
Pipe sensor relocate? Are you talking about a pipe temp delete or air intake sensor relocate? I have Brent's 925 with Jaws setup and deleted pipe temp sensor and the air intake relocated. I don't have any bogs but either do some loser laps around the bottom of the hill after I take a break or idle the sled to atleast get a little temp in the pipe. And I can't help with the pcv, never been a fan and always had luck with the boondocks box

R
I screwed up there, thanks for the catch. The air intake temp sensor is what I relocated down to in front of the throttle bodies, where it should be.
I'm starting to think about also jumping to a Boondocker. Seems like more people are dealing with Boondocker. When I bought my PCV, sounded like it was the best at the time.
Brent also told me to go to a Boondocker.
Anyone have a Boondocker they want to sell or trade???

Last edited:

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Hey guys...
I am in need of some serious input, please and thank u!!!
Has anyone done the pipe sensor relocate? I know a lot of guys have.
BUT has anyone had problems with mapping with a Jaws pipe?
I have now spent just about 1.5 months(since the 1st bit of snow) screwing around with trying to map this thing, its is f$$$$$ impossible.
Too rich, too lean, popping, farting, bogging everything. Quitting in mid throttle. I have been thrown over the handles bars twice now because of a serious bog which was never there before. Thank god I bought a Tekvest this winter. Oh, off the back too once. Just can't tell if its lean or rich. Nothing I do helps
I have talked to Brent Linderman several times about mapping. He told me right away that if I do the relocate I will be rich..
I will be changing back that F$$$$$ sensor. Other than that, ran like a top last winter.
I am running a PCV, and POD 300, that it would be easier too. Haven't thrown a code.

Anyone????

You disconnect your throttle safety switch? They suck and caused me more than one handle bar crunch session

R
Excellent, thanks. I will try that. Now that I am thinking about the past month, all of my problems do seem like throttle safety switch.
Oh ya, I use my tether all of time.
Once I try it, if it is the culprit, will have to either get it fixed or not, if it falls under warranty I guess being electrical.

Thanks a million!!!

K
Nov 17, 2008
hi my 14 with full jaws set and boondocker box works great but I did not move my air sensor my buddy is running like crapp sounds like same way as yours he had relocated his air sensor to and also his pipe sensor wire would move in the sensor causing issues he would move wire on p/s and it would fix until it moved back to original spot then run like crap again so he bought both sensors and is going to try that

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
causes a bog on a stocker, I did it for a lite hood and went back to a stock style location.

I had the same problem when I relocated my air temp sensor. Any ideas why it would run bad when you relocate it. I'm kind of baffled. I relocated down directly in front of the throttle bodies where it would see the most accurate temp of air entering the motor.

Last edited:

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
I had the same problem when I relocated my air temp sensor when I relocated it. Any ideas why it would run bad when you relocat it. I'm kind of baffled. I relocated down directly in front of the throttle bodies where it would see the most accurate temp of air entering the motor.
X3 ^^^^^^^^^^^??

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I relocated my intake sensor in front of the throttle bodies as per slps instructions. I've put on about 250 mi since the relocate and haven't noticed any bog. Sleds all stock with DS ti can, no pcv or anything like that.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I relocated my intake sensor in front of the throttle bodies as per slps instructions. I've put on about 250 mi since the relocate and haven't noticed any bog. Sleds all stock with DS ti can, no pcv or anything like that.

Same here. DS ti can and custom intake, no bogs for me so far on my 16. Don't remember any issues on my 14 either. That sled had HPS can and stock intake with the slp powder valves.

R
Unhooked the throttle safety switch, did some testing and more testing, still spitting and bogging and cutting out.
Just got done putting the air temp sensor back to the factory position.
Time for more testing and to hook the safety switch back up.
Very weird...

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
I had a bog on my sled sled.
Same setup except I am running the boondocker box.
I was running the air temp sensor in the factory location and it ran great except for a little bog in the bottom end once and while like it was loading up.
I took the airbox shelf out and vented the crap out of my hood and it made a little bit of a difference.
I then upgraded to a Reaper Cold Air/Headlight delete and moved my air sensor down to in front of the throttle bodies as per SLP and BDX instructions, Still had the slight little bog once and while.
Put a RSI throttle block on with the TSS deleted and my bog went away the thing runs real crisp now.

I would almost lean towards issues with the PC5 but hard to say.

Are you running the smaller insert in the stinger end of the pipe where it goes into the silencer, it should be about 38.5 MM and another thing to maybe try would be to see if your pipe has the internal stinger or not. Brent said some of them had them and some didn't.
All you need to do it drill a hole in the cone of your pipe about 2-3 inches from where your stinger enters the pipe to see if the internal stinger is in there.

Hope this is clear as mud for you

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Jaws pipe set

I was just about to order a jaws pipe set for my 2015 M800 and tune it with a power commander V but I'm thinking I'll hold off till I see if you can solve your bog problem.
I hope you can.
I'd like to have the power and the 25 lb weight loss.

R
Good info. I figured that I wasn't the only person with this problem.
I was really leaning towards the problem being the PCV initially. But if there is no change, it is definitely the PCV.
While I was on the phone with Greg, he asked if I had an insert. He told me that the insert will be 130mm inside the can end. I did not have it. So after talking to Greg again this morning, Greg said that I have the wrong pipe!!!! I dug out the pipe spec sheet which I never did look at when I purchased the set and it is actually for a 12-13 800, not a 2014.
So guess what he is doing,,,,,,he is sending me a new pipe, NOT just the insert!! That's customer service.
One can't forget that the Suk 800 is rich on the bottom end and around idle, actually it is very rich. So that fuel can be changed with a fuel box, which I did nicely.. These boggs that I am getting, are stop and throw you into the handle bars bogg, then it catches and spits you off the back end. Not a idle rich bogg, this is at 6100 to 6180.
Over the summer I took the curved pipe piece out of the intake that came with the kit on advicement of BL, Boyesen Rage Cages and intake mod, same one Speedwerx uses and move the air temp sensor, along with a POD-300 monitor, which I also rulked out. That's it.
So I am putting the Jaws pipe back on early this afternoon and I am going to see if that made a difference.
D1100T, the power is awesome and considering I have the wrong pipe, could be interesting. I never could get the rpm I needed either with this pipe and I also tried everything even different weights and a **** load of springs. So we will see.
So one piece of advice if I could, don't buy this product from a sports store, buy right from Greg or you might get the wrong pipe what like I did.
Will post after done testing.
Oh one more thing....does anyone know if there is a fuse(are several) which could act as a possible reset. Just curious.

Premium Features