• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

a-arm pro ride vs axys

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I see some aftermarket manufacturers offer different package for the pro ride than the axys. But at the same time some offer a set for 2013-2018.

I have a set or alternative impact 36 on my pro ride and I'm wondering if I can use it on my axys. I know Dan offer a different kit on the axys than the proride. So it should fit, but is it ideal? I doubt it.
Hopefully Dan will chime in.

I've been well served with my alt impact set, bent a few rod ends but that's why he uses them and I like the idea or replaceble rod ends.

Does some aftermarket manufacturer just want to cut cost and don't care for small geometry changes?

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
You can and I did some in 2016 but it's more than I want to do for the cost of it by the time I got done with the modification the we're almost at the price of new. Unless your handy and have the tools, sell the pro arms and put it towards new, whether it's my arms or someone else's. Not saying that to sell more arms, just my opinion first hand experience. The rod ends work well, I honestly see especially this year less sales of single lower arms and more rod ends. In the long run I think it sells more kits and makes return customers. Thanks for the feedback!
Dan

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Where the A-arms mount to the bulk head are narrower on the Axys vs. the Pro-Ride bulk head.

I know K Mod altered his a-arm fixtures to make all his A-arms to fit the narrower Axys bulk head mounts. He then had delrin bushings specifically machined to allow the a-arms to fit the Pro-Ride bulk head.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
You can and I did some in 2016 but it's more than I want to do for the cost of it by the time I got done with the modification the we're almost at the price of new. Unless your handy and have the tools, sell the pro arms and put it towards new, whether it's my arms or someone else's. Not saying that to sell more arms, just my opinion first hand experience. The rod ends work well, I honestly see especially this year less sales of single lower arms and more rod ends. In the long run I think it sells more kits and makes return customers. Thanks for the feedback!
Dan

thanks Dan, i narrowed it down to your kit or trenchers here in Quebec.

I hate that trenchers use the same arms for both model, and if i go ALT impact i have custom duties to pay....decicions decisions!

Where the A-arms mount to the bulk head are narrower on the Axys vs. the Pro-Ride bulk head.

I know K Mod altered his a-arm fixtures to make all his A-arms to fit the narrower Axys bulk head mounts. He then had delrin bushings specifically machined to allow the a-arms to fit the Pro-Ride bulk head.

thanks, now i know what makes them different and how they can be used on both chassis!

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
Guys we push ups, and I say that because USPS last season lost 4 a arm kits. All 4 to the same customer (2 shipments, 2 separate boxes). The one box was recovered but was unsellable by the time it got back to us. USPS was such a pita I gave up on the possibility of getting anything out of them even though they were all insured. The customer was pissed enough he never reordered. Ups most places in Canada are 3 days standard shipping and the brokerage fees are roughly $25 for a front end kit, we take care of the rest. If you're not absolutely in need of replacing what you have currently, I would wait, things often change from now till next season....

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
USPS or Nothing!

I will source another vendor if USPS is not an option. UPS, DHL, and Fed EX all charge at least double for FAR LESS SERVICE and often pay the USPS to do final delivery anyways.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
LH... to be fair... you are still in the USA... Dan has talked about USPS/Canada-post shipping... and sounds like CP dropped the ball.

Very true although those two particular packages never left the US. I will say the flat rate shipping within the states which is 2-3 day is extremely reliable. Almost forgot what the op posted... :)

B
Dec 17, 2016
Pro ride a arms are 1/4” narrowerer at the mounting point. All you have to do is grind off 1/8 on both inside edges where the bushings sitand add 2-3 extra spacers.

Premium Features