• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CLUTCH SPECS ON THE PRE-PRODUCTION 2019 850 Patriot sleds.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Correct...

But maybe able to have a machine shop ream the taper larger for you on an 32mm clutch.

Is there a cutaway of the new crank with the "P-85" clutch shaft? I'm curious. There was very little shaft meat between the taper and end of the spider threads before this new crank...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Is there a cutaway of the new crank with the "P-85" clutch shaft? I'm curious. There was very little shaft meat between the taper and end of the spider threads before this new crank...

This is my concern as well. Sure hope it's not a repeat of the cracked clutches we saw on late Dragon's and early Pro's.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
So for knowledge, what was the 16-18 800 supplied with from the factory with helix and spring?

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA

It'd been beefed up

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It'd been beefed up

As Granny asked in the Wendy's commercial: "Where's the beef?"
wendys-wheres-the-beef.jpg

The clutch bolt has been the same forever so either the base diameter of the shaft has been increased (remotely possible but hoses up "low gear"), the drive clutch sits further out on the crank to mis-align the crank snout with the step in the shaft (highly unlikely) or they turned up the material props to the next quench and temper step on the medium carbon alloy ladder (most likely)?

sledneck322

Premium Member
Sep 26, 2013
ADK's
Does anyone have the 2019 Polaris RMK clutch weight chart with elevation range from the service manual?

Premium Features