• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel to track ratio

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Putting up for discussion:
I started with a 12 155 assault, cut tunnel off 5" and ran a 146 track for a year. Now I'm going back to the 155 tracks this year and the track/ tunnel more resembles a M series arctic cat. Meaning the track almost sticks past the bumper.

This seems like it will be way better in deep snow, steep turnouts, and should allow the track to keep digging without the tunnel hanging up.
Can't rely on the bumper to be the wheelie bar anymore, I know M series can come over backwards on flat ground.

Maybe this will be the future style for tunnels?

IMG_20141028_192023[1].jpg

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
AC can do that because they do not have any coolers in the rear of their tunnel.
Polaris relies heavily on the snow hitting the rear of the tunnel to provide cooling

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
cooler

Only some 13 and 14 snopro proclimbs don't have a rear cooler. Also there are a bunch of pros running short tunnel extensions for longer tracks and doing fine.

As far as getting unstuck, almost never need to touch the back of the sled. Only move the front.

Premium Features