• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kurts Polaris gear down or tki?

S
Jul 12, 2010
I would go with the TKI. The idea of having a tensioner so you can always have the correct tension instead of hoping a mass produced belt is right on spec makes all the difference to me. Also with TKI you can choose your gear ratio. With Kurts you are stuck with one. My buddy just put a TKI kit on his 13 pro with the 2.25 ratio and it definitely works and made a big difference!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I run the C3 system because Neither of the two you named were even thought of when I started building PRO's. IMO the C3 is a better design and is lighter and a better build quality than the two mentioned. Again just my opinion. I've had zero issues with any of the four C3 belt drives on my sleds. I have had no reason to consider anyone else's.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I run and sell the TKI in Canada and believe they are the best.

I will not say anything bad about the C3 kits. You should choose a kit with a tensioner. Not so much that the tension is a big issue but with a tensioner, a much longer belt is used so it wraps much more around the top pulley and there is way more contact with the pulley and therefore is less likely to slip and strip.

Sleddogg

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Dayton, WY
TKI for sure. I've had it for the last couple years. 2.17 last year on 155, 2.25 this year on 163. Never had a problem.
He is very easy to get a hold of and super knowledgeable.
You can't beat the price!

bossman15

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2012
bloomington,il
I'm very interested in a Tki gear down was wondering what everyone was going with? i saw they recommend 2.25 or 2.33 with stock sled. i have a rkt 858bb kit with team tied clutching. Kinda wanted to know what everyone else was going with and what would be recommend with the added power of the bb.

Last edited:
Premium Features