• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New KLIM Helmet's Released!

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
New colorways now available and in stock for our Klim F4 ECE Helmet, the most ventilated helmet in Motorsports!

Legacy Black, Radar, Legacy Voltage, and Circuit are the new Color Options!

BUY NEW HELMET HERE

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
its a perfect match, and certainly what I will be wearing next season!!

1848.jpg

5106-001-401.jpg

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Are the vents really better as in won't rip off and break in the trees like my 4yr old one?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Chris, you going to get a matching coat as well? Then you and Snowmobiler can hang around in the parking lot posing. LMAO. :rofl:

A little bird suggested there might be some new sled clothing coming out later this year that just might tie in with this helmet from KLIM. If so, I could see a new matching jacket in my future!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Are the vents really better as in won't rip off and break in the trees like my 4yr old one?

I have 6 KLIM helmets. 1 of which is the new light weight style like this one. I have also busted off my vents on the older ones, but the new style hasn't broken yet, other than the visor which I seem to burn through every year.

The big difference is in sound and weight.
Much lighter.
Much louder as there is less sound dampening.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012

A little bird suggested there might be some new sled clothing coming out later this year that just might tie in with this helmet from KLIM. If so, I could see a new matching jacket in my future!

RMSCustom yes these vents are considerably better than years past. It is the same helmet that was available this year in stealth white, stealth black, and matte black, they just added some color and word is the stealth color ways may return as well. Right now they are slated to get nicked. There is also still the DOT version which is considerably heavier. But some guys want to have that rating. The main difference that we see with the vents being less willing to rip off is they are now rounded at the tips, less aggressive of a lip to catch and snag on branches etc. Yet you still get the airflow effect. We have not replaced on set of vents this year.

And Yes Christopher there is a new PowerXross jacket that may or may not be orange, and some new PowerXross pants that may or may not be blue ;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And Yes Christopher there is a new PowerXross jacket that may or may not be orange, and some new PowerXross pants that may or may not be blue ;)
One of the advantages of living in Rigby, is that KLIM is just down the street from my house..:face-icon-small-hap

Fun things coming next fall.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
One of the advantages of living in Rigby, is that KLIM is just down the street from my house..:face-icon-small-hap

Fun things coming next fall.

Do a bunch of us a favor, run down there and tell them to start making tall sized jackets and pullovers christopher:light:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Do a bunch of us a favor, run down there and tell them to start making tall sized jackets and pullovers christopher:light:

No kidding, I'm 6'3" and had to buy a 2XL Valdez jecket to get enough length in the arm (same length arms as smaller jackets, just more body so it feels like the arms are longer).

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No kidding, I'm 6'3" and had to buy a 2XL Valdez jecket to get enough length in the arm (same length arms as smaller jackets, just more body so it feels like the arms are longer).
Next time I chat with them i will ask WHY they don't offer anything in a TALL.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I think a great illustration of salesman's egos running wild is when self promoting retailers feel somehow entitled to speak on behalf of multiple clothing manufacturers and the reasons for their internal business decisions. :face-icon-small-dis

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Well then, ENLIGHTEN US?

Why did KLIM decide NOT to offer any clothing in TALL ??

Agreed, i've never seen an answer. There is the thread that we all measured our jacket arms and found that none of the Klim arms are long, just larger bodies. Klim, or any other major sled clothing mfgr has never explained why.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Well then, ENLIGHTEN US?

Why did KLIM decide NOT to offer any clothing in TALL ??

Agreed, i've never seen an answer. There is the thread that we all measured our jacket arms and found that none of the Klim arms are long, just larger bodies. Klim, or any other major sled clothing mfgr has never explained why.

Answers are in the Replacing Klim PowerXross thread...Basically if there was a large enough demand to meet minimums for production, they would be produced. Like stated in other threads, if Klim thought they were missing the boat on a huge sales opportunity, they would have been making Talls for years, as some people on Snowest have clearly been fighting this issue for years.

Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Answers are in the Replacing Klim PowerXross thread...Basically if there was a large enough demand to meet minimums for production, they would be produced. Like stated in other threads, if Klim thought they were missing the boat on a huge sales opportunity, they would have been making Talls for years, as some people on Snowest have clearly been fighting this issue for years.

That was your answer, not Klim's. Look at how much interest there is in all the clothing threads on here now and in the past, there is a demand. I'm not looking for an argument, just wondering why they don't even try.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Clearly there is interest from their customer base. Question is, is there ENOUGH to develop a product line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
That was your answer, not Klim's. Look at how much interest there is in all the clothing threads on here now and in the past, there is a demand. I'm not looking for an argument, just wondering why they don't even try.

No, that is Klim's take. The day the question was asked on this Forum I called our rep, and sent an email to our Regional Sales Manager. And that was the response I got, not enough demand to warrant production, yet. Not here to argue either, we were asked a question and we solicited an answer from the powers that be, not sure why people think we just made this up. Like mentioned in numerous posts by us, we would love to sell Talls to you guys. In the end it would be a better fitting piece which produces a happier customer.

There have been over 500 members and well over 2000 views on the last two threads that sizing has been discussed, and the same 4-5 people are the ones chiming in about Tall sizes. These are also the same people that have chimed in about sizing in the past. It would appear the demand really is not that high based on sheer response, but maybe we need to start a Tall sizing thread that is 100% based on this to make a case in point for the MFG's? Just ask the people to chime in and post if they would or would not buy tall jackets if they were available? Maybe the voices have not been united enough to become loud and recognizable to the MFG's?

Premium Features