• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

gopro users

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
I would like to know how yours is working for you and are you honestly happy with it?
I have had one for a month now but nothing but problems.It continually is unresponsive and i have to remove the battery to start over.I have lost more good footage then have gotten.It works well at home and around the house but once i've got it strapped to my lid and on the slope it goes for a sh*tter....so far not impressed.
A friend got a contour and am wondering if i should go this route too....Still on the fence..Dont get me wrong i have seen some awesome footage but....

S

skidworth

Feb 29, 2008
I love My GoPro Hero 2 it has worked everywhere I have asked it to even at 265 MPH!

would not trade it for the world

estaked

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
I have had mine for over a year, works great no lost footage or any problems. Are you using a fast enough SD card? You might want to see if there is an update for the GoPro on their site. http://gopro.com/support/

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
what kind of gopro you have? there are different kind of gopro cameras. I have a gopro 1 and a brand new gopro 2, I love them but gopro 2 is the best

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My Hero2 stopped communicating with the LCD BacPac. GoPro is aware of the issue and will be releasing a new firmware update on Feb 12, 2012 once the testing is complete. Not sure if this works on the Hero1.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
what kind of gopro you have? there are different kind of gopro cameras. I have a gopro 1 and a brand new gopro 2, I love them but gopro 2 is the best

Hero 1 1080 i try to shoot in 720 60 fps or 30 mostly with a 16gb class 10 card.But constant issues.I have talked to a few others and read on other forums that my issue is not THAT uncommon.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
No real problems here. Takes great footage and pictures. Battery life seems to be holding up even on really cold days and I've never had a corrupt file. The only issue I came across lately was having snow build up in the springs of the protective case during really deep snow rides. Made it a little difficult to get the button compressed to start/stop filming.

My ultimate complaint about my Hero1 is not having a loud enough 'BEEP' to even hear over the idle of my stock sled. I don't thing there is an option to make it louder, but it sucks having to sometimes shut down just to hear if it beeps or not.

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
My ultimate complaint about my Hero1 is not having a loud enough 'BEEP' to even hear over the idle of my stock sled. I don't thing there is an option to make it louder, but it sucks having to sometimes shut down just to hear if it beeps or not.

I wonder if the Hero2 beeps louder? I was worried about that as well but it turned out I can hear it fine.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
very sweet.I thought the hero2 just came out in the fall?
My camera works flawless around the house but get it up in the hills sledding and it acts up.

S

skidworth

Feb 29, 2008
It did come out in the fall. This video was shot in Pomona the second week of November I had it about a week. And as for mountains I could not tell you mine has been good everywhere

R
Oct 17, 2008
I would like to know how yours is working for you and are you honestly happy with it?
I have had one for a month now but nothing but problems.It continually is unresponsive and i have to remove the battery to start over.I have lost more good footage then have gotten.It works well at home and around the house but once i've got it strapped to my lid and on the slope it goes for a sh*tter....so far not impressed.
A friend got a contour and am wondering if i should go this route too....Still on the fence..Dont get me wrong i have seen some awesome footage but....

Sounds like you have an actual problem with your camera. Had a customer that had the EXACT same thing. At home he could record for like 30 mins no issues. On the hill, he could get like 10 seconds of video and then it would lock up. would have to pull the battery to get it to reset and become responsive again. Not sure how long you have had yours, but they come with a 1 year warranty from GoPro. Go to http://gopro.com/support/#contactform Fill that out and explain what is going on. They shipped a new one to my customer and had him ship his back. Hasn't had a problem with the camera yet.

Once you get a good working camera you will love your GoPro. Other than the bulky design they are by far the best helmet camera available. GoPro is excellent to work with and they want all their customers to have a great experience with their cameras. I'm sure they will take good care of you.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
I actually went and got it replaced yesterday.I even replaced the card with the same one that gopro sells on their site.Wont know if it is good until the weekend..Crossing fingers.

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
No issues what so ever with mine. Absolutely love it! Thinking of getting one or two more.

C

ChillyKen

Oct 13, 2011
Bend, Oregon
I can hear the beep on my sled with my helmet on and sled running never really thought about it in the summer when I use it here is one of my videos from this past summer with a GoPro Hero2

Awesome Vid! I think I recognize that alcohol car. Although I live in Oregon; I usually go down to Sonoma in August each year for the Fram meet. I grew up around Pomona and used to work at Irwindale Raceway in the 70s. You guys probably know Jay Payne huh? I knew him decades ago. Small world. Anyways; just thought I'd put in my 2 cents as another drag racing nut. Never get tired of it! Oh yeah; I just got a Hero 2 last week. I'm having trouble getting it to operate correctly. It's probably my low tech mind in a high tech world in the way! :face-icon-small-ton

C

ChillyKen

Oct 13, 2011
Bend, Oregon
What kind of troubles are you having with it?

I have it set for 1 button operation; and each time I use it; it is set for timelapse (10 photos in 1 second) rather than just video. Then also the audio records but the video is blank. It's probably something really simple, but my OLD mind just isn't grasping it. :face-icon-small-con

Premium Features