• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do I adjust Ski Pressure

MillermanSD

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I have searched and read lot's of post's that don't say alot. Everyone seems to wanna move the whole front skid or do a geo mod or whatever. On the 09 and newer M8's (have 3) if I want to reduce ski pressure, do I loosen or tighten the front shock spring? Can someone explain this to me in simple terms? My buddy and I are arguing over beers and we are just about outta beer!!!:wine::wine::wine::wine:

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Ski pressure

Reduce ski pressure by increasing spring pre load on front TRACK shock and decreasing on rear TRACK shock. Think of the sled as a see saw, the front TRACK shock is the pivot point and the softening the rear allows the weight to transfer to the rear and lighten the front end-- thereby reducing ski pressure. The opposite settings to the TRACK shocks will have the opposite effect and increase ski pressure.

Hope this helps.
Murph

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Let out your limiter straps and tighten up that front (of your skid) shock. When the front of your skid is soft and or the straps are pulled up then the sled is sitting on the skis and the BACK of the track. So you want to put the weight in the center of the sled. Put some load on the front of the skid. let the straps out and crank up that spring.

Premium Features