• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need 2 know old phazer carb fix when piping

B
Nov 26, 2007
I now have 2 kids that are riding phazers. They want more go power so we have located a psi and a aaen pipe, a 1.6 and 2 inch 136 tracks for them. Tracks are done, pipes are on, but the carbs need tubes changed and rejetted. On the old forums it had all this info. I just really need it so I can complete the kids sleds. Help would be greatly appreciated. Wayne Walker

Last edited:

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Wayne
Go to Totallyamaha.com, then click on tech pages for sleds. Then click on engine tech, jetting, etc. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for "Phazer carb service bulletin" There you'll find a copy of the bulletin, and some tuning info I posted years ago.
I'd link it for ya, but couldn't get it to work.

Bill

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
I have ran phazers with every concievable pipe, carb, head, cyl, reed-block, and airbox parts combinations over the years.

You can get away with the stock nozzles. Just run a #100 pilot, and go up two sizes on the mains. If you are stock 143.8, go 147.5. You will have no problems. I always tell my kids though, not to ride for long periods of time with the carbs at mid-throttle. I tell them to always be varying the throttle position while riding so you don't find that dreaded mid-range lean spot.

I also have set-up sheets for PSI, and Bender/Aaen pipes if you need clutching info as well.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I have ran phazers with every concievable pipe, carb, head, cyl, reed-block, and airbox parts combinations over the years.

You can get away with the stock nozzles. Just run a #100 pilot, and go up two sizes on the mains. If you are stock 143.8, go 147.5. You will have no problems. I always tell my kids though, not to ride for long periods of time with the carbs at mid-throttle. I tell them to always be varying the throttle position while riding so you don't find that dreaded mid-range lean spot.

I also have set-up sheets for PSI, and Bender/Aaen pipes if you need clutching info as well.

I could use the set-up sheet for Aaen pipe.
-BD1

Premium Features