• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
KLIM CHAPS!

2014-02-21

My KLIM pants turned from Bibs to chaps. I just don't have a way to turn them back to bibs!

I had a zipper fall off on my bibs. The lower one missing in the above picture should be facing down. It causes the leg to open up unless you can secure the zipper together with a gaiter or duct tape.

KLIM procedure is to send them in to be repaired. Their policy is that they will not send or sell you a zip. Don't like it but I understand.

I will have to use other pants for a week or two until they are able to turn them around.

While I have lots of redundant KLIM gear I really don't have other bibs to use. ( I gave my old KLIM bibs to a buddy)

I wish I could buy a zipper from somewhere to make it a quick fix but looks like I will have to find some gear while they are away.

I lost my cool on this one ( my bad) and regret previous posts. What's probably going to happen is I will wait till June and then send them in to get fixed.

I tried buying zips to fix it but they weren't compatible.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK, so I am reading this and not understanding what your complaint it.

Are you asking KLIM to mail you just the little metal pull tab for the zipper?

Z-039lg.jpg

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
not the pull tab everything you have in the picture. the zip that attaches and detaches the zipper.

I want the KLIM one compatible with the waterproof zippers. They won't sell you one. I bought some zips ( like your picture) but they were not compatible.

OK, so I am reading this and not understanding what your complaint it.

Are you asking KLIM to mail you just the little metal pull tab for the zipper?

Z-039lg.jpg

Last edited:

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Alright cougg66 I chatted with klim today about this for you. The reason they can't send you a zipper out is bc if they do it voids your warranty. That's the short answer.

What's the exact pant and maybe we can find an online repair kit.

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Alright cougg66 I chatted with klim today about this for you. The reason they can't send you a zipper out is bc if they do it voids your warranty. That's the short answer.

What's the exact pant and maybe we can find an online repair kit.

Thank you, I sent the bibs to KLIM, since I found a set of motorcycle pants I forgot I had.

They said the Togwatee bibs are not warrantable which I understood since the zipper was knocked off or forced off.

I have rips and tears in the bibs from using them "off trail" which is why the 2/3 estimate below. Essentially I have no way to have a warranty since I ride off trail and am hard on my gear. I don't know how not to damage gear? I fall off, help others get unstuck, move sleds around, everything in Snowmobiling has a sharp edge somewhere. I am not saying my damage is a KLIM issue but its a snowmobiling issue.

excerpt from Klims response below.

"The left leg zipper has been cut and caused the teeth to move and that is probably why the zipper slider came off. The whole zipper would need to be replaced."

[FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]"To repair the bib would cost over 2/3 the price of a new bib. The damage is not manufacturing or material defects so the bib is not covered under warranty. The lifetime of the bib is up. Because of the amount of damage we cannot test the bib for leakage."[/FONT]

I hope they will replace the zip ( not the whole zipper) at a reasonable charge. If not the bibs will be useless. If they won't replace the zip, I will steal the zip off the upper pocket. missing pocket zipper is better than duct tape or having the bibs be useless.

A recent Motorfist jacket I bought came with extra repair snaps. I would like to have the ability to buy zips and repair my own gear.

I don't know where Motorfist stands ( I only have a couple items and no zip issues) but if the extra snaps are an indication I might be better off replacing these bibs with Motorfist?

currently I asked them to just install a zip and I would accept all liability for my non warranted bibs. I don't know if they will do it and at what price?

Honestly, I never expected to have the stress with a KLIM item.

Last edited:
C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I pledge $50 towards the purchase of a new pair of bibs for you. Any other Klim wearing folks willing to match my pledge and get this guy a new pair?

I don't know how to take this? If its genuine thank you, but I don't think the rite solution for KLIM is to count on customer charity when their customers need service and or support. I don't want charity and have been willing to pay to fix them all along.

I believed in KLIM, I got great gear and it has allowed me to enjoy the outdoors to a much greater degree.

DSC00580.JPG

These bibs lasted one season, but I can lose a zipper on my next ride.

I just want to acquire a zip to continue to use my bibs. My brother did his part and spent a great deal of money to give me a needed and appreciated gift. He didn't buy them for me to have a zip cause me to need other bibs.

brother with some of his KLIM gear
DSC00576.JPG

I have a bunch of KLIM gear and I like my KLIM gear and really am very surprised by this situation.

I break a sled part and I buy a new one, lose a zip and you need to buy new bibs?

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
I though if Klim realized that a bunch of fellow sledders were stepping up to help a guy get some bibs so he could ride they might decide that the buck should stop with them. The old embarrass them into doing what they should have done to begin with trick. If this doesn't work I am serious about sending a 50 your way.

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I though if Klim realized that a bunch of fellow sledders were stepping up to help a guy get some bibs so he could ride they might decide that the buck should stop with them. The old embarrass them into doing what they should have done to begin with trick. If this doesn't work I am serious about sending a 50 your way.

Thank you so much but I need ways to help others. I have recently been helped by fellow Snow Hawkers and need ways to pay it forward. you are very generous and very much in character with the snowmobiling community I am so amazed by.

I also need to save these bibs because my brothers KLIM gift was meant to be a KLIM gift. (lasting quality, unsurpassed service, customer appreciation and amazing customer loyalty) Not a "it will work till the zipper breaks".

The KLIM gear saved me last year when my brother and I were stranded in the mountains over night. The boots kept my feet comfortable and warm for the 5 hour hike to a warming cabin. The bibs and jacket sustained my temperature so the stress of hiking in the storm was my only discomfort.

Overall the best benefit of wearing the KLIM gear was that even if I had to sleep in a snow cave or temporary shelter I knew the KLIM gear would protect me.

I swore I would never have cheap gear because I experienced the benefits of the rite gear when it really mattered.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lets see if there is anything I can do on this one for you...
No promises, but I will reach out to "The Powers that Be" on your behalf.

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Lets see if there is anything I can do on this one for you...
No promises, but I will reach out to "The Powers that Be" on your behalf.

They offered me a 20% discount but wanted to send the bibs back "as is".

I came back to them and asked for a zip sollution again. They came back with $80 plus shipping to replace the whole zipper with zips.

The price was reasonable but with this much frustration and at this point in the process I thought it is better to part ways.

I asking them to return the bibs ( chaps) to me "as is".

I love my KLIM gear, I was marvelling over the quality of the construction of the three jackets I have in the garage. They truelly are amazing!!!!!

This chaps thing has really got me confused, it would have been so easy to send me a zip and thank me for being a loyal customer. Even if it ended up not working It was my sollution and I would have remained a die hard KLIM user.

I am out because of a $10 zip?:face-icon-small-con

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
The fed ex package arrived!!!!

Like so many customers, the excitement built as I greeted the FedEx person at my door. In her hands she had a large KLIM envelope with my chaps.

Perhaps after all this KLIM stuck a lower zip on my bibs, or threw a zip in the package. Boy would I feel stupid, when they took care of me by installing a zip!

2014-03-07

Bullet dodged! they did nothing for me, the chaps still do not have a zip on the bottom to keep the chaps from becoming bibs.

Well not nothing they stuck a "Tram Bar" in the package. Maybe its to help with the "bad taste" I have from this experience?

Good news is, the zipper looks fine.

I was stuck and Motorfist stopped and helped me get unstuck!

Now I wait with baited excitement for my Motorfist package. They offered some zips so I could fix my KLIM chaps.

Motorfist uses the same zipper system so they offered a zip to keep me safe. Passion for the customer!

Soon my bibs will be restored thanks to the service and support from a
'pro snowmobiler" company.

Last edited:
C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Wrong leg!!! wrong side!!!!!!!!!!

I asked them to install a zip and now I have the chaps back I see its the right leg zipper!!!!:mad2: see the above picture!!!!!!

I agree with everything listed except the right leg zipper is missing the zip and the right zipper is in great shape no cuts or issues.

I bet if I paid the $80 I still would not have a zip installed on the correct right leg!!!

Left has a bad tooth as listed but the zippers work just fine.

claim letter below

Hello Ian,

In regards to your Togwotee Bibs we have evaluated them under warranty. The left leg zipper has been cut and caused the teeth to move and that is probably why the zipper slider came off. The whole zipper would need to be replaced. The back of the left leg has a cut in it where the zipper got cut. The right knee has tears on it. The right hem has tears. The left leg has a panel under the knee with a cut in it. The left hem has cuts on it.
[FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]To repair the bib would cost over 2/3 the price of a new bib. The damage is not manufacturing or material defects so the bib is not covered under warranty. The lifetime of the bib is up. Because of the amount of damage we cannot test the bib for leakage. [/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]We do apologize about this. Are you wanting us to do any [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]repairs[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif] on these Bibs or would you like them sent back as is?[/FONT]

Please let us know. Thank you.

Picture of left leg with damage with lower zip installed.

Right side is good but its missing the lower zip!

2014-03-07

Last edited:

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
they did what you wanted them to do and that was nothing. I don't understand why you are still mad. did you want them to do what you told them not to do. I'm confused on what you expected:face-icon-small-con

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I had hoped I was worth $10 to keep as a customer?

:frown:
they did what you wanted them to do and that was nothing. I don't understand why you are still mad. did you want them to do what you told them not to do. I'm confused on what you expected:face-icon-small-con

I need a zip for my right lower leg. I did not ask KLIM for anything else just to solve the missing zip.

Turns out the right leg zipper is fine no damage only a missing zip. Very easy to fix just put another zip on.

their diagnosis had a missing zip on the left side and the zipper was damaged, so it would need to be replaced to fix it right. again wrong leg not the missing zip. right answer for wrong leg and doesn't address my only issue I am trying to solve.

I was unable to get a simple solution to a simple problem and I believe its because KLIM had the wrong leg tied to my zip issue.

I am so glad I opted out because I have no idea what the $80 zipper replacement would have fixed. The right side doesn't need a new zipper, just a zip.

The left side needed a new zipper not zips. so which one would they have fixed?

My solution looking at the bibs is a <$10 zip. I paid $17 in shipping and went through enormous frustration and ended up with no difference and no help from KLIM.

I don't like that they sent the bibs back untouched and wrongly diagnosed.
I just don't see how my request is so crazy? If you have KLIM bibs and have cut them or show signs of use what are you hoping to have happen if you loose a zip?

I can't believe I can't buy a zip to fix my bibs, I even asked them for help locating one somewhere else? give me a part number or some help ordering one elsewhere. I already tried buying zips and they weren't compatible.

If the entire function of the bib wasn't at stake I wouldn't have this issue.

I thought the KLIM I knew would have surprised me when I opened the bag.

The Tram bar was a surprise but I really thought someone would have grabbed a zip and pulled it on.:frown:

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Chaps are now BIBS!!!

First I want to thank Motorfist since they ultimately helped me resolve my chaps issue. I received two sliders or zips in the mail today.

2014-03-10

My chaps are now bibs again, I have taped and sealed the tears and now have gear that will withstand the elements again.

2014-03-10

I do have to admit that to be fair to KLIM it is probably not possible to replace a slider with KLIM integrity to the system. I had to cut the zip at the cuff and install the zipper. Then I had to secure the bottom so that my zip couldn't come undone again. My method would not be an approved KLIM repair method, so I now understand why they didn't do it.

SO for being upset because they didn't "pull the zipper on" I apologize it was not something they would do. If it was their fault they would have to replace the entire zipper system.

I do however wish that they did send me a zip like Motorfist as I would have repaired bibs ( like I have now ). I would be where I am today except I wouldn't value Motorfists support like I do and would feel happier about my numerous KLIM items.

KLIM has quality gear but need help on their support.

Motorfist has quality gear and are the service and support leaders.

I am embarrassed that this was all about a simple slider but hey KLIM I just needed a simple slider?

Last edited:
C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
last shot!

OK, I promise this is my last shot at Polaris/KLIM

2014-03-13

Polaris, setting a new standard in customer service!

The standard is just really low :face-icon-small-con

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Had it comming!!

For all the people that read this thread thinking that this guy deserves a little payback, well the check has been cashed :face-icon-small-hap.

2014-03-24

I told "Cabin master" a Polaris riding, Klim wearing, buddy I would give him credit.:face-icon-small-hap

just kidding not what happened, but hey the scales are now balanced :face-icon-small-hap.

I am going to let Cabin master get the 20% discount on a KLIM item off the web site.

Last edited:
Premium Features