• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 polaris dragon 800 broken shock

P
Feb 16, 2011
my buddy has a 2009 dragon 800 that somehow broke the rear shock off while just riding down the trail. I have heard of some other ones doing that. What causes them to shear the shock off and bend the shock arm at a 90 degree angle? ALSO, the track sounds like something is hanging up. It makes loud thumping noises when going anywhere from 0-60 but over 60 it smooths out. Going in reverse for more than 5 feet will bind up the track and it wont move. Any thoughts?

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
my buddy has a 2009 dragon 800 that somehow broke the rear shock off while just riding down the trail. I have heard of some other ones doing that. What causes them to shear the shock off and bend the shock arm at a 90 degree angle? ALSO, the track sounds like something is hanging up. It makes loud thumping noises when going anywhere from 0-60 but over 60 it smooths out. Going in reverse for more than 5 feet will bind up the track and it wont move. Any thoughts?

Not good, i've seen shock MOUNTS bend up when the rider doesn't clean out the ice in the coil before beating on it. I however have not seen one shear off, bend yes but it should not be easy. Sounds like you guys need to pull the skid to see what is all messed up.

Premium Features