• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno-Scoot parts

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Any chance the steering linkage parts for a snoscoot are compatible with other full size Yamaha sleds of the same era? I have a loaner scoot that is getting real sloppy in the front end and needs some pieces replaced.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Probably looking for some tie rod ends. Anybody have any off an older Yamaha that are in good shape?

The ski spindle bushing will be harder to find.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I was able to get my local Yamaha shop to order the ski spindle bushings. He gave me a deal for some reason, two of them for $9. I had a place online that could sell them for about $5/each, but they wanted over $18 for shipping.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
The slop is probably in the spindles where the bolt goes through to hold the skis on. We have a Scoot that almost steered it's self before we did a little mod job on it. I got two front hood bushings for an International 7600 truck (big truck like semi tractor) There is a little story on how I came across them, I sell heavy trucks & when I was at the parts counter asking for something like a bushing for the spindles on the Scoot the parts guy (Tim) said I think they use something like that on a 7600 & presto he was right. The bushings are 5/8 OD & 3/8 ID. Drilled out the spindle with a 5/8 drill & pounded in the bushings. I put on a new set of C&S Minis with a 3/8 bolt & the thing is like new again. You can drill out the skis & use a 3/8 bolt, should do the same trick. Try to find a set of plastic skis for it, its unreal how better the plastic skis work vs. the old steel ones. I can find the part number if you want, it might take another trip to the parts counter, let me know. Good luck, nothing better for the kids than "The Scoot".

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Thanks for the ideas.

The Yamaha parts counter guy sold me two bushings at his cost for $9 for the pair. I will try to get the front end back together with that set up. I just wish there was a good way to get a grease zerk installed on that bushing. I am going to weld a nut on each upright and put a zerk in it for the upper portion, and also for the inner A-arm mount. Since this is a loaner Scoot, I don't want to modify it too much. I had a set of ski skins off an old sled that I donated to the guy a while back and they work ok on it, but probably don't have the best keel design but don't stick. I also had the front portion of a '99 RMK belly pan that he used for a skid plate. Once it was cut down to fit under the front bumper it seems to work pretty good so the snow doesn't build up and stick under the front end.

The kid thinks it is a hoot to ride and I like it because she can handle it without it going to fast. She will likely move up to the 340 next year and make room for her little sister.

Premium Features