• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

just wanted to note

A
Jan 16, 2008
That I have yet to see over 2,000 users online at once since SW went full pay.

I would say average is around 1,200 (and that is being generous), and i would like to also note that the M-series and Alaska riding sections never had a thread on the first page that was from yesterday. Now there are post from last week on the first page.now, not so much. I only mention those two sections because that was where 99% of my time on this site was spent.

whoever was at the riens to take this stie to a pay-site. to you i say thank you for nothing.

that is all.

A
Jan 16, 2008
How many of them were viewing the revy thread??? To bad it takes such a horrible disaster to bring snowest's numbers up.

buddy before you got here its was over 2,000 all day everyday, easily. Not to mention your post was proabably at peak traffic hours, 8:15 PM. about the same time today and its at 1,200. You really can't say anything about the slow traffic in the Riding Areas Section. The numbers and does of the posts dont lie. Peeps have moved on. You will really never understand.

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
buddy before you got here its was over 2,000 all day everyday, easily. Not to mention your post was proabably at peak traffic hours, 8:15 PM. about the same time today and its at 1,200. You really can't say anything about the slow traffic in the Riding Areas Section. The numbers and does of the posts dont lie. Peeps have moved on. You will really never understand.

I guess you missed my whole point in that post. I wasn't defending there numbers. I was trying to make a point that the only reason there was 2,222 members that day is cause proabably almost half of them were reading about the avy. It's no secret no one gets on here anymore and that's why i'm a basic member. No reason to pay to read 5 new posts a day.

A
Jan 16, 2008
my mistake

I guess you missed my whole point in that post. I wasn't defending there numbers. I was trying to make a point that the only reason there was 2,222 members that day is cause proabably almost half of them were reading about the avy. It's no secret no one gets on here anymore and that's why i'm a basic member. No reason to pay to read 5 new posts a day.

hey man, i tried to pull the christopher quote about the actvie members off your response to him and instead i quoted you post. i apologize. my post had no direction towards you. my post was directed toward him. i hate it when i dont proof read. i agree with you on all accounts.

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
hey man, i tried to pull the christopher quote about the actvie members off your response to him and instead i quoted you post. i apologize. my post had no direction towards you. my post was directed toward him. i hate it when i dont proof read. i agree with you on all accounts.

No problem. Green rep for you:D

C
This place is pretty boring anymore. I think a lot of ppl have moved on to other sites. I used to LOVE this site and got SOOOOO much info from it. Had a lot of ppl I befriended on here too that helped me out a lot. I don't hardly check snowest anymore. Too bad :Cry:

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Well it will be one more for awhile until I get myself banned again for causing trouble. Seems I got banned a month ago, I think it was from a mod that calls himself smokinthepole, but they don't even tell you you are banned or why you got banned anymore I think it was because it was so slow around here and I was bored so I tried to start threads beginning with the letters of that other site, I was doing it backwards so when done it would have spelled out that othersite all in a row. It was working to till I got caught. I think I got all the way to sleberyrtnuo. And BAMO! I got banned! Imagine that!!

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
why can we say snow and mud but not the "other site" its only one site that gets you kicked off of here? I think I joined in 02 or 03 and got the mag because of the site. you could link to most any site without causing a stink. I will not pay and I will not renew the mag. I got deleted and edited for the first time ever in all the years on sw by catwoman for bashing a basher and informing a sw member of the "other site" but we can say dootalk or mud and snow, snowmobiler or many others. Its the posts like the one above that do nothing for the site. I think a lot of the mods are just as guilty of adding fuel to the fire as any member. thanks for the vent.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Seems I got banned a month ago, I think it was from a mod that calls himself smokinthepole, but they don't even tell you you are banned or why you got banned anymore

:lol: HAHA I believe I got scolded for embarrasing someone with a name like that :D

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Well it will be one more for awhile until I get myself banned again for causing trouble. Seems I got banned a month ago, I think it was from a mod that calls himself smokinthepole, but they don't even tell you you are banned or why you got banned anymore I think it was because it was so slow around here and I was bored so I tried to start threads beginning with the letters of that other site, I was doing it backwards so when done it would have spelled out that othersite all in a row. It was working to till I got caught. I think I got all the way to sleberyrtnuo. And BAMO! I got banned! Imagine that!!

Man, I thought I had too much time on my hands!!

How strange that they suspended you... I'm surprised they didn't make you go sit in the corner...

A
Nov 26, 2007
Montana Creek AK
Ya.
Imagine that.
So really Chris. I am cornering you on this...Why is it ok to mention all the other sites but not the Rebels?? I am hoping you will man up on this one and speak your mind.. Is it because all of the most informative have left here for there? You guys have even gone so far as to lurk over there and ban people here for there conduct there???? WTF?? You can speak your mind on any other site but not "there"? This truly has become almost comical but yet so childish at the same time,," yes I admit at my childish behavior throughout this whole thing". I just don't think you understand the passion people had for this site and you surely underestimated their reactions to what seemed a hostile takeover of our home. The whole moderator thing has become laughable. People that in the past were levelheaded individuals are now raging defensive extremists! I have a certain dear friend that was a mod, she was basically given an ultimatum, tow the new snowest line or keep your friends, she chose wisely, as did another certain Alaskan when the crap really hit the fan. We stick together, as do most other sledders "outside". you push and push but you are now reaping what you sew!!! The advertisers are not as gulible as you would like to believe. So Chris,,, man up and set the record straight, no double speak, just straight up talk!! I am waiting for your reply!! as are others unless you all delete this and censor the people, ??????:face-icon-small-con

K
Mar 16, 2008
I would imagine the Snowest magazine subscriptions have taken a big hit too!

I have seen some posts from mods that are "very un-professional" and feel they are purely stirring the pot.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I would imagine the Snowest magazine subscriptions have taken a big hit too!

I have seen some posts from mods that are "very un-professional" and feel they are purely stirring the pot.

Mods are human also and do make mistakes,there are no classes,no diploma.Its a learn as you go process.If I or any other mod has posted anything that you may find offendable or un-professional,the best thing to do is pm them and voice your concern.
I have said sorry and deleted my post on more than one occasion,it is a lot harder job than you might imagine.

Dave

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I've talked via Pm to a few mods about how a slightly different tone (or other more conversation specific things) could make things smooth over better. I think we all want to see them as someone who is claiming to be perfect due to their status, but we (I:face-icon-small-blu) need to remember that they're just people like us. It's hard to be completely level headed when people like us are attacking all the time. I'm still gonna hassle people when it seems due, but a bit of empathy never killed anyone.

I may dislike what has happened to this site, and the way christopher has done things, and the way that A COUPLE mods have acted in certain situations, but that doesn't automatically make them the bad guy.

K
Mar 16, 2008
I have nothing against anyone on this forum, mods or otherwise. I still hang out and read what I can. I was just pointing out what I see.

and for the record...I am sure it is a hard job, and it's one I would not want, keep up the good work.

Premium Features