• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim Transition Boots

T
Jan 19, 2008
Hinton
Anyone use these as a hiking boot? How are they?

I'm going to be doing some fairly long distance hiking (90km round trip) and am thinking of trying these boots. BTW I have no experience hiking so tips are welcome. Also how are they for sizing? I wear a 12 shoe, should I order a size larger?

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I believe those are the boots you are looking for. Very similar idea to some of the stuff from Soloman. I haven't tried them on an actual hike yet, but they seem to be perfect for the backcountry adventurer. Aggresive sole, lightweight and flexable with ankle support. Plus the added comfort of Gore-Tex and you are prepared for everything.
I normally wear an 11 1/2 shoe and the 11 fits perfect so the 12 should be right on the money for you.

T
Jan 19, 2008
Hinton
Ok so I decided that these are the boots I want, guess that was the easy part now I have to find a place that sells them.

klim dealers around here will not be able to get them till late next month at the earliest. I tried first place parts but they can't ship outside of canada, I'm assuming most internet stores will tell me the same thing so goes without saying.....

Where can I buy these boots???

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
The boots you want will not be available untill late Sept and you will need to find a Canadian dealer to buy from
and when you find some hiking boots make sure to break them in Before you go on your hike

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Anyone use these as a hiking boot? How are they?

I'm going to be doing some fairly long distance hiking (90km round trip) and am thinking of trying these boots. BTW I have no experience hiking so tips are welcome. Also how are they for sizing? I wear a 12 shoe, should I order a size larger?

klim sent me a pair this spring to try out!! I LOVE them they are so light and comfy i din't even know i have them on. Get some when you can you won't be sorry!!!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I just bought a pair. Hiked in them on sunday for a couple hours. Real good boots, just like all of Klim's stuff.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
We will have our shipment of Klim gear sometime in September, thus, other dealers should have theirs at a similar time.

I haven't tried the transition boot yet, but am interested to give it a shot. I'm a little worried they didn't make a big enough size for me though. :(

F
Dec 1, 2007
NORTH BEND
Hey Klim, boot makers!

You know what would be really nice? How about a boot that will fit us guys with BIG FEET! I need a 15 or bigger. Tried the biggest KLIM, the Klim dude said they may fit, I ended up selling em to a guy at the snow park who forgot his boots at home....worked out great for him but us bigfoots have to wear huge clod-hoppers that dont even fit into the damn footwell of our sleds....sorry for the vent.

Premium Features