• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slow forum

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
Iiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt''''''''''''''''sssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tttttttttttttttttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................................................

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
It isn't even winter yet, so the activity on here is a fraction of what it is going to be.

As mentioned before, after the banners load it takes 15-25 seconds to show the messages.

The performance is awfull!!!

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
It isn't even winter yet, so the activity on here is a fraction of what it is going to be.

As mentioned before, after the banners load it takes 15-25 seconds to show the messages.

The performance is awfull!!!

I can't tell you why, but the bad performance is limited to IE. When I use firefox it works great! Side by side, both browsers open and IE's performance makes me want to tear my hair out.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Tonight is by far the slowest I have seen since using this forum, been a few years.......

5 minutes to open a category, click on a thread, respond and have it show up. I don't buy the "it's because of all the users", I'm sure at any given time last winter between Dec and April there were a lot more users and it was never this slow.

But....... maybe if I get to bed this early...... Who knows?????

:beer;

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
click on a snowest page...........watch a youtube vid...........click on another snowest page...........watch a youtube vid

becoming the norm around here :(

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Agreed,
Of all the sites I visit on a daily basis, not just snowmobile sites, this is the worst for speed.

I've never seen it this slow, even going back a few years to the old Fusetalk system.

I just looked and there's 1,400-somthing people on line now. Whats going to happen at peak snow season when there might be another record 4,000+ people logged in?

Well it won't be possible if this keeps up. :(

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
click on a snowest page...........watch a youtube vid...........click on another snowest page...........watch a youtube vid

becoming the norm around here :(

This is how it is for me also..

I think we should have a POLL of what stays and what leaves.. Personally I would do away with the shoutbox.. I think it could be beneficial, but I dont feel I would ever use it.. :)

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I can't tell you why, but the bad performance is limited to IE. When I use firefox it works great! Side by side, both browsers open and IE's performance makes me want to tear my hair out.

Interesting... I use Firefox and haven't had a problem with this site for about 2 weeks since we had the database errors....

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Is it just my pc or does everyone elses thread or pics in a post come out so incredibly huge on screen, sometimes I have to drop the percentage on the page down to 75% just to keep from scrollin left to right a bunch just to read the text on everypost doesn`t doo it all the time but pretty often.

Darren

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Why not revert it back to the way it was..... instead of waiting for new hardware to be installed.

I don't buy the argument that it's because of the amount of users online.... There wasn't an issue until these "changes" were implemented. There's that WORD again!!!!!

Premium Features