• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many 900s are left in the world of riding?

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
How many 900s are out there running? I just interested to see how many have chosen to stick with the sled. I know 94fordguy, Guidoxpress and myself are still running them. Who else is running a 900? Don't be afraid to show your 900 love!!!

NDRMK

Premium Member
Mar 3, 2008
North Dakota
Still have my 2005 900 Anniversary 151 inch. Has MBRP can and new 2006 pistons plus a few other things upgraded. Not many miles on any of my sleds this year. Next year will be different! I am riding a 163" 800 AXYS 2016 with a SLP can now, but I just can't let the 900 go!
Too many great memories!

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
One of 300 Special Addition Black 900 Dragons

Here is my Baby -

Most people think it some New Big Cat turbo sled.

2006 Black 900 Dragon one of 300 made.

Some mods, next will be a 975 motor

picture.php

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Here is my Baby -

Most people think it some New Big Cat turbo sled.

2006 Black 900 Dragon one of 300 made.

Some mods, next will be a 975 motor

picture.php

I have noticed a few people taking interest in 975 pistons again. You close to having your full kit? I know I would be game to go in on a set of pistons for the 975. I'm on my last set in the motor since 2 years ago I melted a huge hole in one.

U
Feb 21, 2017
Saskatchewan
I had a 2005 151 till the engine grenaded. I just bought an 06 166 with 930kms... just finished going through it and heading to revelstoke in april so a little clutching and im good to go! Nice cheap sled thats good once you spend 3500 on mods haha. Interested to see what new sleds it can eat :)

benbow580

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
blackfoot id
06 900

Lots of fun love the power but it snapped a rod and did some serious damage don't know if I wanna repair or not

IMG_0160.jpg

D
Nov 2, 2008
I ran my 06 switchback 900 this year in the flatlands of n. Wi.

Didnt get many miles-only about 350.

Still fighting a handwarmer, brake and rear light. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. There's no power to any. I wired that system to bypass the wiring and made my own running from 12v from the sled.
I replaced the switch on the left, and nothing. Along with that , I can't get the mfd to switch screens. Please help me on this. I've tried everything I can.?

I carved out an old seat, installed a back rest, added handwarmers. So now it's a 2-3 up. I can easily both kids or one adult no problem.
Seat is really comfortable. Passenger is not sitting on a little 8" passenger seat like most are.

IMG_6304.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
the 975 is a sweet setup...but a lot of hassles IMO.

The SLP head/pipe combo on the 2006 with the re-flash that comes with it, is good for an honest 170 hp with NO porting required and uses pump-91... with readily available parts. Lots of used kits out there to be had.

IMO...The 975, with all of its issues, is not much better of a performer in my direct experience.. plus you need race gas and it is not well supported... It kind of 'paints you into a corner'

The SLP combo is a real powerhouse that pulls super hard all through the full RPM range.

Fire N Ice intake... still the Best IMO... with the stock airbox gutted being a good option as well... with more dash intake screens.

For me...The Indy Specialties rebuild on the stock porkchop crank with the snap rings on the PTO bearings... will get you a super rock solid setup... have the clutch gone through at the same time and the flywheel/basket balanced at the same time... new 2006 engine mounts, factory 2006 pistons... good to go for 2500 miles.

Last edited:

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I'm still ripping my beast. It's been the most reliable one I've had and my first Circe go to sled this year. It's an '05 Anniversary Edition 174" custom. Me and my sled are on the left. 2nd ride of there '16-'17 season. Wouldn't let me choose a better one lol :devil:

received_1250554225011487.jpg

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
At the moment I'm planning to keep my 900 around for one more season. I finished this season with 6,375 miles on the odometer with 397 added this year. Here's hoping for one more great season on "The Tank"!

This summer's maintenance list includes a good cleaning under the hood, and repairing a coolant leak that developed in the rear tunnel cooler, followed of course by a full pre-season check in the fall.

20170617_144522.jpg 20170617_160038.jpg

M
Oct 14, 2017
Oh yes...I did it. Hehehe

Call me contrary, but I always have bucked the norm. Just nailed an '05 Polaris 900 RMK 166" for pretty cheap. Even got the 'ol "it was owned by an old timer who only used it to check his mail at the end of his driveway" story. I'm fixing to take it to the dealership to check if the recalls have been done on it already. I'm assuming they have since the "Old Timer" put an SLP pipe and can, powder pro skis, HRP spindles, RX shox all around, Lefty throttle...and on and on... Just to get his mail. I haven't even really even looked at everything yet. It runs great and has a little over 2g on the odo. I don't like the looks of the runout on the clutch so I'm going to have it balanced and setup for a 1115 belt. Also going to check the crank when its off. Call me crazy or wish me well if you will, but 6'4" and 350lbs. needs some umph to move around, lol :beer; Cheers!

G
Feb 10, 2010
I logged back in at Snowest forum to find the service manuals to work on my 2006 RMK 900. It's almost on 2,800 miles so I'm rebuilding the top end right now. It's run so well up to this point so I'm hoping to get a few more years of service out of it.

A

A

Rich_mountain

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2016
Washington, West side
Well I know this is kind of late to the party but I picked up a '05 RMK 900 this last summer with a frozen motor. Didn't have a chance to rebuild yet but have started getting parts for it. Hopefully I will have it up and running before the end of the season. I picked it up pretty cheap and that is the only reason I got it. It has all of the updates done to it, but has been rode hard so it will need a bit of TLC to get it back in tip top condition. What kind of things should I be looking for when I rebuild? Also what kind of upgrades if any should I put into the engine while I have it apart? It does have a pipe and can, also a timbersled intake on it. The plastic has all kinds of vents all over it along with cracks and shaker can black so that will need some replacement stuff and probably a graphics kit to make it SWEETTTT. BUT I want a runner that is reliable so What else should I do? I have been considering sending the bottom end to Indy specialties, have heard a lot of good things there but is that pretty spendy? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Premium Features