• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 D8 craps out intermitantly

C
Jan 27, 2011
Lewiston, ID
I've had this sled since it was new. Has the engine update, V/R update, and all the current ECU flash. Runs great from the truck, no problems. As the day goes on it will start to cut out at full throttle then starts to bog at lower and lower rpms until I can't give it enough throttle to engage the clutch. Stop, let it sit for awhile and it will go again for a few miles. Took it to dealer and had them pull a code off the ECU, said it was the stator. Replaced the stator and the problem seemed to happen earlier in the ride and this time the sled would actually die like I hit the kill switch. Disconnected the kill switch-dead mans switch, no luck. Fuel preassure is good. I think whatever it is has to be heat related but what? I don't get a check engine light and the gauge doesn't flash like a V/R problem. I'm at a loss, anybody had this happen to them? Please Help!!!!

V
Mar 7, 2011
Voltage regulator

Mine did the same thing
Unfortunately I was descending down through trees
And a tree happens to jump out just as I gave throttle
And the sled died
Taking out a 10" diameter tree
Carnage everywhere for a good 30'
The voltage regulator went
It was like u hit the kill switch
Pull off your voltage regulator look at the bottom