• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 PRO 600 throwing DET code. HELP!

Ok I have a 2012 PRO 600 with 1100 miles on it. I threw a PAR head on it and took it out in my field just to make sure everything runs right. Runs great at and idle or easy throttle but the second I put the throttle to the bars it throws a code saying DET or DE7. I'm assuming this is a detonation code?? Any ideas what is causing this? It is only hitting 8200 RPMs, It is the 13:6.1 head which is for 5k ft and up and my house is only at 2500 ft, I am running 91 octane non ethanol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well if you are running a higher elevation head at lower elevation on 91 you will likely be suspect for det...

try three gallons of race fuel in your tank and see what happens...

you may have an issue you have to keep an eye on until your riding high elevation...or get a 0 to 5 head...

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
Ok I have a 2012 PRO 600 with 1100 miles on it. I threw a PAR head on it and took it out in my field just to make sure everything runs right. Runs great at and idle or easy throttle but the second I put the throttle to the bars it throws a code saying DET or DE7. I'm assuming this is a detonation code?? Any ideas what is causing this? It is only hitting 8200 RPMs, It is the 13:6.1 head which is for 5k ft and up and my house is only at 2500 ft, I am running 91 octane non ethanol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Watson , One thing on these heads that gets over looked I am not sure where you bought it but the heads come with a shorter bolt for the det sensor, and If you used your stock bolt it is two long and will bottom out and then the sensor is just rattling on the bolt. My guess this is your issue. Look at that and see.

Brad

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I had the same problem and scoured the world for the answer. The code doesn't exist in the code book. We found that the gauge was bad and the gauges aren't cheap. Ran the new gauge in the same sled and a month later I had the same problem again. Someone suggested the voltage regulator may be taking out the gauge. If you have another 600 or 800 pro around, swap hoods to verify the problem. I have had a sled that was detonating. When that happens the sled goes into a limp mode. After Polaris changed every part imaginable the problem ended up being the det sensor itself. I'm pretty confident your problem is the gauge. Good luck!

Premium Features