• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comments about the PM about Thunderstruck 9 Teaser

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
I for one will start blocking my pm's and possibly leave completely if pm's start appearing selling stuff. I decided to pay for this site for the info and fun not for getting mass pm's about new or upcoming products. If I want those products I'll more than likely find out about them on my own

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
ok guys...my take on this is something different...it has nothing to do with the teaser...the teaser was just a popular instrument to use to entice people to log on to inflate the dropping active users number..its that simple..but it still stands that Tudizzles comments are 100 percent accurate...but it is collateral damage from another agenda..

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
ok guys...my take on this is something different...it has nothing to do with the teaser...the teaser was just a popular instrument to use to entice people to log on to inflate the dropping active users number..its that simple..but it still stands that Tudizzles comments are 100 percent accurate...but it is collateral damage from another agenda..

i have the exact same thought

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
While Christopher's intentions were good, it is up to him to get his a** out of the crack he placed it in and make sure he gives equal treatment to other teasers, whether good or bad, that may come out this year.

As for the idea of PMs from SW for commercial purposes, you are not FORCED to open a PM you don't want to read. You can deleate them without opening them. I don't agree to the idea (SPAM anyone?) so let's hope it doesn't happen.

I would have seen the teaser with or without his PM (I haven't yet because my computer takes forever to download videos, etc.)

I am a huge fan of the TS series and I try to buy each years edition (although I haven't gotten TS8 yet due to other commitments...GRRR...) when they become available. I got TS4 for Christmas one year and have been buying them every year since. I guess I would be one of those who only buys one DVD a year, but Christopher's PM would not have been an influence in that decision.

TURBOMAN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Morgan, Utah
www.bigskyx.com
hmm... that PM may have just hurt Thunderstruck sales. Reminds me of posts from Team2powersports. Guy had no idea what he was talking about. I have purchased a video the last 3 years at the Denver Snow Show. Not this year.

A Ban??? Jim did not even know this had happended. I sent him a message on another web site to inform him of the controversy. He did not even know about this until that point. That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. He posted a cool teaser for people to enjoy the admin felt it was cool also so they sent it to everyone on their own and you want a ban on Thunderstruck? I see in your location you support a company or maybe it is yours, should we ban that also because you are advertising and I dont want to see it? Come on be real. If you have a problem with this take it up with the admin of this site as they are the ones who sent this out NOT THUNDERSTRUCK.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
A Ban??? Jim did not even know this had happended. I sent him a message on another web site to inform him of the controversy. He did not even know about this until that point. That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. He posted a cool teaser for people to enjoy the admin felt it was cool also so they sent it to everyone on their own and you want a ban on Thunderstruck? I see in your location you support a company or maybe it is yours, should we ban that also because you are advertising and I dont want to see it? Come on be real. If you have a problem with this take it up with the admin of this site as they are the ones who sent this out NOT THUNDERSTRUCK.

umm.. my point was that receiving a PM from a "not so popular guy" may have a negative impact.

"A Ban" was just the smiley i used on the right side of the message box because in the end it may do more bad than good which the originator of the PM should have considered.

I am not suggesting that anybody ban anything. Maybe the smiley suggests it and maybe a poor smiley to have chosen for my single post.

I'll change my location.

Last edited:

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
i never took that smilie to mean a ban of the product, more of a forum thing

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

All else aside, there has not been a single person (aside from a misunderstood errant smiley...) that has said anything negative about Jim. I think we all agree that his work & the teaser itself is badazz, no issue there!!

I myself, (I know, hard to believe...) have overreacted to someones post that I misunderstood, so I get your anger, but it's completely not needed!

What SS was saying was that simply by association with Christopher, Jim's sales may have been harmed, not that we have any desire to do that!!

Either way, most of us are sick of getting silly PM's from admin about crap, and the PM is accomplishing pretty much what admin was hoping for I believe.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Right or wrong.

I wouldn't have ever went back and checked out the Teaser thread without the PM from Admin that pointed directly to post 30. This by the way was very well written and enjoyable.

Again, I think the mass email to every member could be over the line. Maybe starting a new thread in the General section pointing out the highlights and appreciation for great videos would have been a better route.

But what is done is done. Get over it and move on.

Thunder

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Either way, most of us are sick of getting silly PM's from admin about crap

Why? What is so bad about it? Are 30 seconds of your life so valuable? Crap, you just took 30 seconds of my life right now. I am getting sick of these silly posts about PM's from admin about crap..

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
Why? What is so bad about it? Are 30 seconds of your life so valuable? Crap, you just took 30 seconds of my life right now. I am getting sick of these silly posts about PM's from admin about crap..

then why did you read this, for it surely took you more than 30 secs to read and respond. we feel the same way about useless pm's as you do about threads like this.

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
well lets see, it take like 15 seconds to read it so like 25 seconds i guess. the time thing isn't a issue for me, i have lots of time to waste. it's the reasoning behind the pm and the fact that TS9 was being mass advertised while no other films had been.

Premium Features