• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track damage

B

BallsDeep_5280

Oct 16, 2012
CO
I'd bring it up with the dealer. Be stern, not an asshole. I bet there are other dealers you could buy your next sled from if they won't replace it, or give you $1000 off your next sled purchase.

Also... I bet it only takes one ride for that to happen. Tracks spin fast. And I agree... it won't hurt the performance at all.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
You couldn't hear or feel the track hitting the bolts? I would think there would be a bit of vibration. My experience is that the second a track hits a rivet or anything, you can immediately hear and feel it.

Also, it's been two years and just now you decided to have a look and see what it has been hitting? You never thought to wonder what was damaging the track on every single lug???

Agree it is the dealers fault, but not sure I would be too sympathetic.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You couldn't hear or feel the track hitting the bolts? I would think there would be a bit of vibration. My experience is that the second a track hits a rivet or anything, you can immediately hear and feel it.

Also, it's been two years and just now you decided to have a look and see what it has been hitting? You never thought to wonder what was damaging the track on every single lug???

Agree it is the dealers fault, but not sure I would be too sympathetic.

I had this happen on my M7 with aftermarket rear bumper. No instructions so I put the nice looking bolt head on the outside... Anyway I didn't feel the bolts making contact at all. Took a couple trips for the damage to really show like that. You also have to be in a situation where the skid is bottomed out and you're carving to get the track to pull to the side and catch them hard.

Premium Features