• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Google Chrome says Snowest known to distribute malware

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
This is NOT for SnoWestOnline.com (the Forum servers are separate servers from SnoWest.com). I enter the Forum through: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum

The ADS that appear come from one of the SW servers and Google thinks that could potentially become a threat. Reality is the software that we run the forums on is NOT susceptible to this infection.

There is a thread in General about this.

I'm on pretty much all day long, and all over the place. My system is perfectly fine. I am running anti-virus/malware/spyware software, and haven't had any red flags, and it actually checks each page I visit.

It's too bad that some people out there don't have anything better to do with their time than to try to cause trouble for others. :face-icon-small-dis These kind of people rate just the same as thieves to me. They're both low life vermin!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I am getting the warning...with current anitvirus software....when I go to snowestonline.com.

My warning states that snowestonline.com contains content from snowest.com

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
attachment.php

McAfee on SW.jpg

T
Dec 25, 2007
It is not just Google Chrome, but Safari also (ie on a Mac...those crazy computers that don't have the same virus issues). In fact, I have had the message pop up several times when trying to access the forum, photos, and just snowestonline.com in general. This started yesterday. Not sure why...I have tried to circumvent the problem with many different approaches, but no success yet...if I figure anything out that works consistently I will post it up.

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
My Eset security wouldn't let me on to the snowest site for the last several days, now it does.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The problem was resolved yesterday and application has been sent in to all the browser companies to come and review the site.

This review process may take another 24 hours before the warnings are all lifted.

Premium Features