• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SW Site??

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
So who's drinking Flavor-aid? :confused: I don't even drink regular ol' kool-aid (too much sugar for me). I much prefer milk. :)

BTW.......I'm still wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas. :beer;

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I have not had any issues or heard of any.

so you mean you haven;t read any posts before you when you posted the above...cause if you did then you would have heard of issues ...!!!!!!!...hundreds to thousands of them if you have been doing any reading the past month

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Noticed that things where not right the last couple of days, went through a little withdrawl for awhile. But tonight Snowest is working great for me. Posted some pic's from 2 day, they loaded faster than ever before. So what ever you did Christopher, it helped with the down loading of my pic's to my home page and to other posts.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Somewhere something is still wrong.
This thread took me 11.6 seconds to load and display.
I do NOT know what is causing this delay.

This post took 8.48 seconds from Submit to Display.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Bummer.

That's certainly unfortunate, considering how much time/effort has been invested.
There must be more to the performance issue than just throwing CPU at it?

There are only about 500 people logged in.

I bet a few hours of a good DBA would go a long way towards squeezing more performance out of that application, its backend and the new iron.

;-)

Last edited:
S

skidontlover

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 3, 2008
Somewhere something is still wrong.
This thread took me 11.6 seconds to load and display.
I do NOT know what is causing this delay.

This post took 8.48 seconds from Submit to Display.
As peeps have said all along, crappy code will not run any faster on new servers....

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
The issue over the past 4 days or so is very simple.

Its our FIREWALL.

The Firewall has crashed 4-5 times for no apparent reason.

Yesterday it crashed twice.

Last night the manufacturer re-flashed the firmware and upgraded the box in an attempt to resolve this issue.

So far all has been smooth over the last 20 hours or so.

In another day or two we will know if their update has solved the problem or not.

only losers make excuses:rolleyes: winners just admit they screwed up & fix it.:beer;

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Bummer.

That's certainly unfortunate, considering how much time/effort has been invested.
There must be more to the performance issue than just throwing CPU at it?

There are only about 500 people logged in.

I bet a few hours of a good DBA would go a long way towards squeezing more performance out of that application, its backend and the new iron.

;-)
Working on it right now.

This post took 3.9 seconds from Submit to Display.

O
Dec 2, 2007
Black Hills
I think someone forgot to feed "Alvin". "Alvin" is the chipmunk running on a treadmill in the snowest computer closet, he powers everything at snowest including magazine subscription delivery.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
At least there's an admission that there's a problem. I simply can't stand the fingers pointing back at us claiming there's a problem with our browser or whatever. Nothing will get fixed if nobody can admit there's a problem.

Thanks for working on the issues.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
At least there's an admission that there's a problem. I simply can't stand the fingers pointing back at us claiming there's a problem with our browser or whatever. Nothing will get fixed if nobody can admit there's a problem.

Thanks for working on the issues.
While 'WE" do not always see the same things that you do, when we do see the problem, and can reproduce it, then we do our best to attack it and resolve it.

This post took 64 seconds from Submit to Display.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I think you have someone attacking this site. No! not me. I'm way to stupid.
Someone has something to prove.

Premium Features