• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'97 580efi powder special good or bad ???

mackddy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
idaho falls
We had several 580s in our group, 2 or 3 of them were the efi models. Never had a minutes trouble with any of them. My 580 was a great sled. It even kept running when it was upside down! If it is in good shape and a good price, go for it.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Stock they aren't bad, definately not a powerhouse. Once you start modding them, they're running on borrowed time.

D
Nov 26, 2007
north idaho
Decent sled

A buddy has one, good sled no probs. Except he broke the moter mount 3 times,otherwise he loves it. Its not overly powerful but trail rides real well. Just don,t expect to much it,s a 97 , old tech. Btw the efi works great.

S
Mar 17, 2002

loved my 97 powder special
beautiful handling on trail and pow
still have mine second sled have had so many snowmobiles and its
the one i always think about

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
very bad on gas, they dont liek powder and they get stuck easy(trench) and then what else oh they are a heavy sucker for there size. budy had one all last year.

HELLCAT7

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central Colorado
My Neighbor Has One. I Have Been Very Impressed. 3000ish Miles. It Is Pretty Much A Pull And Go Sled. I Remember Replacing A Stator In It When I Was Working At The Cat Shop And The Old Owner Had It. It Would Make Someone A Great Sled ( I Think ) If The One Your Lookin At Was Half @ssed Taken Care Of. Always Remember That It Really Doesn't Matter Too Much What You Ride-- It's Having A Blast Gettin Out And Doing It- That's What Counts. I Am Blue Collar Average Working Joe And I Can Tell Ya I Would Have Just As Much Fun On A 97 Powder Special As I Would On My Newer M-series. Just Check The Sled Over Good. Mainly Clutches This Late In The Game. That Particular Sled (for Its Era) Is Pretty Bullet Proof Imho And I Have Been Around Quite A Few.

Premium Features